Security Installer Community

Paragon Super Ii

Robk

Hello All,

Have just come across this excellent site so hopefully there will be some knowledgable guy (or gal) who will be able to assist me.

We have recently moved into a house with a Paragon Super II alarm system fitted and there are two "problems" that I require help with although we were left some user instuctions (dated Feb 1996).

Firstly, I need to reroute a sensor cable due to new fitted bedoom and subsequent carpet fitting, so can I disconnect / reconect the cable from the sensor without any problem occuring ?

Secondly, I assume that I am a "Limited User" so can I change the code without Engineer Assistance?

Any help will be gratefully apprieciated

Many thanks,

Rob

you must make sure cable is not live before you remove it from Pir /sensor you can do this in the panel as long as you are competent to do this small domestic panel should be easy to work out wiring sequence as for code you can do a factory restart and put in codes as req.

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

the live wire to a pir is only 12v. not as may be assumed by the term 'live' which can easily be mis understood as 240v

to change the user code you will need a copy of the user manual, it will tell you how to do that.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

the live wire to a pir is only 12v. not as may be assumed by the term 'live' which can easily be mis understood as 240v

to change the user code you will need a copy of the user manual, it will tell you how to do that.

Thanks for response. By disconnecting the sensor will any alarms be generated ?

Regards,

Rob

Yes, once you remove the cover a tamper alarm will be generated, requiring a user code to reset it. The alarm will be unusable until the PIR is refitted and the cover is refitted.

Regards,

Rob

it all depends whether or not the tamper circuit is connected. the two wires that you must be carefull of ,are the + and the - 12v supply. if these two touch, a fuse on the panel will be blown, and then all your powered devices may not work. this is why it was suggested you disconnect them inside the panel before you start.

beware of mains voltage inside the panel, always best to isolate the main before you start.

the tamper alarm can be stopped ,by putting in the user code.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

or you can separately put 12v live supply and neg in sep connectors and put the 2 pairs left tamper + alarm into 1 connector per pair and you could then have the rest off the alarm working till ready to refit sensor If this is not clear to you you should call in a local installer to do the works for you and give your system a service check if you have just moved in he will also be able to give you instruction on how to work /change codes etc on the system

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Archived