Security Installer Community

Optima G3 Problem

dazzer179

If the alarm was fitted less than a year a go, I would get the Spark back who fitted it.

I would also suggest that the best course of action would be to get an Alarm Engineer out to have a look at it, likely to cost between

no removing the front cover did not stop the fault, removing the battery and fuse from the unit stopped the alarm, putting back together and resetting set the system again.

As we speak I have just taken a phone call and been told the alarm has activated again when the cold tap was turned on !!! coincidence I just do not know but its getting more bizzare ! alarm sounder going and tamper light flashing

HI dazzer179,

i need to make it clear that removing the panel lid exposes you to a risk of a lethal shock from the 240 volt mains, so please ensure the power is off to the control panel before you do this again.

from what you say it seems likely the actual anti-tamper switch needs adjustment or it is faulty, but could also be a lid of a detector tamper, so have a look and see if these are secure. the external siren also needs attention as it should have sounded when you removed all power (due to it's own battery).

apart from those simple tests as it requires getting up to the siren and using access euipment, at this point you would be strongly advised to employ in an engineer, he should be competant both with ladders and the equipment as well as be insurred (remmember we lost Emu due to session of DIY overconfidence by the owner adjusting his Tv Aerial).

if you do not know of a decent one then please use one registered either with the NSI or SSAIB inspectorates as they shuld at least not be chancer's, whoever you use be prudent and ask the labour and call out cost's, before inviting them into your home.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived