Security Installer Community

Alarm Sounds When I Unscrew The Box

robfountain

yes thats what i thought but telling this chappy how to overcome tamper problems is like telling a burglar how to disarm a system to break into houses. i would certainly not expect a company to tell me how to do this if i was was only joe bloggs (if i didnt know myself as i am an installer of domestic panels~)

thats what security is about protecting property and people and not telling all and sundry how to get into alarm system when theyve had no formal training.

cjt

:sothere:

You are right BUT you don't tell him how to over come the problem you just tell him what was going on....He obviously did'nt have a clue what he was doing and it seemed that everyone was having a laugh at his expense

Sorry guys - I really didn't want to cause such an argument - I only went downstairs to watch the bill!!!

It was a genuine, honest question. I do take on board what you're all saying about security, etc. However, I'm sure that those that wanted to break into my house could do so quite easily!

I've got the installation instructions for the dialler but not for the panel which makes things a bit tricky I guess.

I'm a fairly confident kind of guy and can do a lot of my own DIY. I really don't believe what I'm doing is beyond me (not in my own home anyway).

Thanks for everyone sticking up for me anyway - I've not taken anything personal! I appreciate I am in your world here!

Guest Peter James
Sorry guys - I really didn't want to cause such an argument - I only went downstairs to watch the bill!!!

It was a genuine, honest question. I do take on board what you're all saying about security, etc. However, I'm sure that those that wanted to break into my house could do so quite easily!

I've got the installation instructions for the dialler but not for the panel which makes things a bit tricky I guess.

I'm a fairly confident kind of guy and can do a lot of my own DIY. I really don't believe what I'm doing is beyond me (not in my own home anyway).

Thanks for everyone sticking up for me anyway - I've not taken anything personal! I appreciate I am in your world here!

Nothing personal was intended rob either :P As you would imagine it tickled most of us the thought of you unscrewing the panel and then wondering why the alarm kept sounding. It sounded like one of those clips from youve been framed to anyone in the alarm world.

MJ I dont think any of the replies were intended to offend or belittle Rob, and we all said exactly what you did without the technical terminology.

Pete

Guest Peter James
do you know who installed the alarm as when they did (the company that is ) they would have used an engineers code that code which was used will put the system into a setting engineers mode but for security reasones i cannot tell you how to do this (mj no its not that i wouldnt know either :lol: that is the only way that the alarm will stop going off all the the time. like we have said alot of the members on here take their customers security seriously as its protecting protperty and maybe even life in some circumtstances so the sort of information required to this is unavailable on the public forum sorry if it causes a headache for you banghead but you would have to either call another engineer to come round and take alook for you or call the company that installed it however long ago.

regards

cjt

mj happy now??

Rob the above post is slightly missleading for the following reasons:

It is highly unlikely that the installation company will tell you what the engineer code is, as most co's use the same engineering code for all their installations, therefore if they gave it out to all that asked their security systems would not be very secure. The engineering code will not disarm the alarm system but in the wrong hands could be used to program a system to apear to work (i.e. makes all the right noises when you set it ) but does not activate when triggered.

I and any seriouse installer would never divulge the engineer code to anyone.

Pete

sorry reading it back pete is right what i menat to say call the company or an engineer to install the dialler and they will glasly do this but they wont give out that code .

sorry for the missuderstanding but i reread it afterwards and got where pete was coming from. ps i wsnt saying they would tel him but they will do it for him!

cheers

cjt

I do appreciate that no one was meaning to belittle or offend anyone BUT i was reading( as an outsider )the posts from everyone and most of them had a should we say a slightly sarcastic slant and whilst its was quite amusing (and i am the first to either laugh at myself or someone else).And no i don't think anyone should be giving info out on how to defeat a panel or any other bit of kit

Also my posts was nothing to do with me being happy or not! :blue:

Archived