Security Installer Community

Insurance.

morph

Same here, there are very few companys dealing in this sort of insurance (2 or 3) it is intended for large companys, hence very expensive.

Expensive not the word I would use, ours went up 150% this year :angry:

I think it was about £1500, don't want to think what it will be next year...

jpaul

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Adrian

B) :oHolly ****!! I have,nt checked this string in a while, Theres no way I can afford that at this stage. I thought the van insurance was expensive I'll have to remorgage my house for this one!

Adrian :huh:

• 1 month later...

Thinking about insurance, what happens if one of your customers is robbed and they say the alarm was set and it didn't go off.. :!:

If you fit one of the smaller LED panels (Acenta, Veritas 8 etc) how can you prove they did or didn't set the system... <_<

Could you afford to fight the case in court?

So what do you do?

1 put your price's up and fit better LCD panels that log set/unset etc

2 put your price's up and take out insurance

3 both...

All answers on a postcard :D

jpaul

Guest Peter James

The Gardtec cp8 64 event time date stamped memory lcd same price or cheaper than LED stuff Scantronic 9 something or others the same.

Pete

what happens if one of your customers is robbed and they say the alarm was set and it didn't go off..

All you need to prove to the customer is that the Alarm system works, if you prove the system works its upto them to prove it didn`t.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

All you need to prove to the customer is that the Alarm system works, if you prove the system works its upto them to prove it didn`t.

But can you prove it worked at the time the customer was robbed?

It will probably never happen but its something to think about. :huh:

jpaul

But can you prove it worked at the time the customer was robbed?

Unless there`s a LOG with time & date stamps on the control unit, then no one can prove anything. As I said earlier, all you can prove is whether the systems works when you test it, no one can prove anything else.

The customer can insist all he wants to that he set his system, but if when you test it you find it works fine then I dont see how the customer could have set it, and without a log to back him up he cant prove that he did set it.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I dont see how the customer could have set it, and without a log to back him up he cant prove that he did set it.
Hi Dave

You are right in what you say, but as Colin said in an earlier post:

In our country, we are seeing more and more companies offering a no win, no fee litagation service and as a consequence, people will start suing for the compensation more often. Insurance companies dont like paying out, so the blame society is getting far worse.

So could you afford to fight the case, If you didn't have insurance?

At the end if the day it will be the customer that losses out when the price of a alarm system goes up to cover the cost of the insurance..

jpaul

I had a customer who tried to say that the alarm either didnt go off or was too quiet when she was robbed whilst in bed. The police proved very helpful though and when they visited my customer the morning after she had been burgled, they tested the alarm system in part set for night and funnly enough it worked! Seems someone was telling porkies... In good faith we did install a second bell box, and an internal extension speaker on the upstairs landing... just to keep the customer happy.

Dale

Guest HomeSecurityServicesUK

My insurance is up for renewel soon and I`ve been quoted about £1500. Great isn`t it..............................Finding companies that will give the type of cover is hard aswell

Archived