Security Installer Community

Dialler Recommendation

AndyG

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a dialler? - I need one in which the order in which it dials the alert numbers can be easily changed at the press of a button - so that it will call a different person first, say on weekends than on weekdays etc.

I know you can do it with a standard dialler, but it would involve reprogramming th edialler - this needs to be something the customer could change, or at a pinch, it could automatically change the call list via a timer function.

Many thanks,

Andy Green

Waterford, Ireland

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a dialler? - I need one in which the order in which it dials the alert numbers can be easily changed at the press of a button - so that it will call a different person first, say on weekends than on weekdays etc.

I know you can do it with a standard dialler, but it would involve reprogramming th edialler - this needs to be something the customer could change, or at a pinch, it could automatically change the call list via a timer function.

Many thanks,

Andy Green

Waterford, Ireland

What is the panel its connected to, some have timers you could programme the outputs to only work certain days. Or use a small 12vdc time clock with a relay.

cheers

Only easy way I can come up with is two speech dialers with a two way switch between them? Just checked my SD1 and that won't do it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

you can set different triggers to different numbers so use a timer or a switch to alternate the inputs, or use a panel with this intelligence built in. My preferred method would be to use a digi and setup your requirements as custom instructions with the arc

THanks to all for the answers so far.

I haven't used a stand alone dialler for a few years (now I use the plug in SMS / voice digi availble for the panel) - Yes, It looks like I will need to arrange an external switch - this is OK. A dialler with three trigger inputs would be fine - any model recommendations?

Andy

ive just had a look at the manuals for our pyronix vocaliser dialler and it doesnt say that can do it either. the only thing it does say is 2 fully programmable outputs which i would say may help using a switch over both outputs.

cheers

cjt

I sometimes wonder why you bother posting, because what you have posted doesn't make any sense and in the context of quoting me it has no regard to what I am asking. Your post does not help at all. :unsure:

Hi All,

Many thanks,

Andy Green

Waterford, Ireland

I just read the book for the Texacom voice and text dialer and that can allow different inputs to go to different numbers, so thats the dialer to use, now just work out the switching/timing between the panel (unknown type) and the dialer. Sorry for such a late answer but I thought the Texacom boys would have told you to use that one.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

Set up the output on the panel to trigger all inputs on the dialler. Stick a 7 day timer in line with the inputs you want to turn on\off. Set the timer.

That is assuming the panel doesn't have a timer and fully programmable outputs.

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a dialler? -DONE I need one in which the order in which it dials the alert numbers can be easily changed at the press of a button - so that it will call a different person first, say on weekends than on weekdays etc.

I suggest using the full set and part set option for easy single button presses to select which person is called. Program the full set to operate the main panel output linked to dialer input one and the part set operating all the same zones as full set but programed to use another output linked to input two of the dialer to call the second person. This assumes part set is not used for anything else and two outputs are in the panel. This would give you what you requested, a simple way to swop persons called on one button press. If as others have said you tell us what the panel is and which outputs are free we can help you more.

My Amateur Radio Forum

Simple solution, use the control panels comms module as you normally do and then use Intamac to monitor the system.

You can set up what signals you want to monitor and changing who gets what is done on a web browser and changed easilly.

No need to over egg the cake!

Archived