Security Installer Community

Optima2plus

tonybristol

Help needed please. Alarm went off 3 times last night even though not set. Reset alarm 2 times and when it went off the third time noted tamper light was on the main panel and on the separate keypad a 'b' or '6' was illuminated. Just wondered what this 'b' or '6' means as its not listed in the instructions. I have put the alarm in engineer mode to stop further occurence. Alarm was installed in 1994 and have replaced battery. Wondered if its worth getting an engineer in or replacing alarm box and keypad. Any help much appreciated. Thanks. :rolleyes:

sounds to me like theres a tamper on circuit 6 and i would ring an engineer.

cjt

he said it was not set!

I only havefour zones on alarm panel so do'nt think this is the problem. Also it was a very hard frost last night so wondered if this may have triggered tamper on alarm box ? many thanks for reply :rolleyes:

I only havefour zones on alarm panel so do'nt think this is the problem. Also it was a very hard frost last night so wondered if this may have triggered tamper on alarm box ? many thanks for reply :rolleyes:
Was the alarm set

Bell box tamper?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

noted tamper light was on the main panel and on the separate keypad a 'b' or '6' was illuminated.

Will be 'b' not '6'

b and Tamper LED = Bell Box Tamper Fault

Just a thought, as you know the Engineer Code, do you have the Engineer Manual, if you do (and, you can't get it here) have a look at page 23

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Will be 'b' not '6'

b and Tamper LED = Bell Box Tamper Fault

Just a thought, as you know the Engineer Code, do you have the Engineer Manual, if you do (and, you can't get it here) have a look at page 23

I dont have engineer manual as alarm installed by a engineer workmate years ago. He gave me the code as I was doing work on house and had to move bell box as new roof put on. thanks :rolleyes:

Archived