Security Installer Community

Microsoft Vista

BASS

Just bought it. Anyone have any experience on this new software. gonna install it to my PC later today

1 Why and for what machine?

2 Yes, I was a Beta tester

3. Upgrade or clean install? (or dual-boot? - take care it's a very different mechanism to XP)

What edition did you get? If it's Basic, or your machine isn't the right specification you won't get the Aero interface.

1 Why and for what machine?

2 Yes, I was a Beta tester

3. Upgrade or clean install? (or dual-boot? - take care it's a very different mechanism to XP)

What edition did you get? If it's Basic, or your machine isn't the right specification you won't get the Aero interface.

I got the ultimate. Already done the test and my PC is compatable.

I got the ultimate. Already done the test and my PC is compatable.

How wierd is that, I just done a post like that at the same time!! :lol:

Will go and cut and paste my experience and close my topic.

cheers

Dave

Unless anyone knows where I can get a key from before I open the packet after that it can't be returned

Er.....this is a Security Forum and that probably would be illegal.

Unless they were suggesting that you download a non-Microsoft Freeware/Shareware OS :whistle:

Your package should contain a key that is required for installation. You will then also have to "activate" it (i.e. record it with Microsoft) or it will stop working; not sure if that's within 14 or 30 days though.

So, in summary INSTALLATION requires a valid key. ACTIVATION is required for ongoing use after the initial period. The system can be disabled at activation if Microsoft think it's a stolen key, or it can refuse to activate for a number of reasons (e.g. too many installs) though the latter can be overcome by a phone call for genuine cases.

Archived