Security Installer Community

How To Turn Off Strobe! (no Sound, Just Flashing)

Rochy

Hello,

I hope someone may be able to help me. I don't really know that much about alarms!

I got broken into last night, and fortunately the alarm went off. I have managed to reset the alarm, in that the keypad has gone back to normal and the alarm has stopped sounding. However I can't work out why the strobe won't stop flashing. The alarm is less than 1yr old.

Can anyone help? Or should I get an engineer out to fix it?

Many thanks,

Rochy.

Have you actually reset it or just silenced it?

Maybe press reset, or enter your code and press reset?

Would help if we knew what panel it was?

agree with Lurch

also please take time to read the user manual which should heve being left, when the alarm was installed. :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

hi all,

really pleasing for the O/P and us his alarm protected him, when out advising on security systems how many times do you get the 'whats the value of and alarm system? i hear alarm sirens all the time, and no one ever seems to take's any notice'. if we asume 'bells only' system, it's great to prove that not all intruders dismiss the sirens out of hand.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Have you actually reset it or just silenced it?

Maybe press reset, or enter your code and press reset?

Would help if we knew what panel it was?

I have already done what you suggested (this is also what it says to do in the manual, ie. enter code and press reset). The panel on the wall outside is I think is an odyssey, and the panel inside is an accenta g3.

Many thanks for getting back to me.

have you tried to arm the system since the problem? if not set it up fully and see what if any faults show up, could be a clue might even clear the strobe.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived