Security Installer Community

Buzzing Scantronic

Alarm Co

hi all,

on metal cased scanny's (and others), i have fitted washers to the transformer lugs, they are only thin tin so the washer's adds firmness and reduces the noise.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

...... and the voltage doesn't help. The tranny's are all 230 volt rated and we quite often get 245 or more in my area.

Drops a bit when the milking machines start up! (Carefull!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

No. Apparently Scantronic don't make lighthouses... :P

I was going to be really clever then and remember the scanny code to test the strobe (lighthouse??) but I forgot it, it was a while ago! I like the way scanny stuff kept the same codes from the 91/96/98 etc, shame I can't remember um!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

I put in 98 once while on a call out in the middle of winter without the book, I went up like a lighthouse!

My Amateur Radio Forum

The funny thing is it sets as normal after you do that! I fo und out the next day......What goes up :oops:

My Amateur Radio Forum

• 1 month later...
has anyone else had problems with scantronic panels namely the psu buzzing

we fit a lot of 9651 panels to new build propertys and have found that few shortly after comission start to buzz realy badly?

i have got in touch with scanyt and they are saying they dont know about any probs with psu's ??????????????

so can anyone back me up?

Had that problem myself with a 9651 - took a fair few minutes before I tried tightening the psu screws - perfect silence

Guest anguscanplay

at one time scantronic used to supply sticky back foam to isolate the transformer

use a piece if stripped 1mm mains outer between the lid and the back casing on the top and bottom

• 2 weeks later...

same prob here. 20% buzz. psu tight , solid fixings to wall etc, wont use em anymore.

Had another problem using eol method, if its used on smokes or pa's you get a tamper sometimes three days later,although often sooner. You automatically think its a fault and check everything only for it to happen again. Cooper deny the fault totally. Ive had many occcasions when mates have fitted them and I always laugh when they say theyve used eol , as soon as smoke or pa is mentioned i get the fiver out, never fails . If you gotta use em double pole em.

Archived