Security Installer Community

Buzzing Scantronic

Alarm Co

has anyone else had problems with scantronic panels namely the psu buzzing

we fit a lot of 9651 panels to new build propertys and have found that few shortly after comission start to buzz realy badly?

i have got in touch with scanyt and they are saying they dont know about any probs with psu's ??????????????

so can anyone back me up?

has anyone else had problems with scantronic panels namely the psu buzzing

we fit a lot of 9651 panels to new build propertys and have found that few shortly after comission start to buzz realy badly?

i have got in touch with scanyt and they are saying they dont know about any probs with psu's ??????????????

so can anyone back me up?

Are they fitted on the alarm installers favorite type of wall (drywall) ? If so the transformer humm will resonate through a metel (?) case rather well. Not good practice but I used to put a soft material under the transformer mounting lug if it became a problem. Try and make sure it's non-combustible!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

thanks guys for the reply

like i say we fit around 5 to 10 a week and we fit them to dry lined walls

no probs on the majority

but the odd one or two it is realy bad

we have tried the usual tighten untighten the screws in the psu

but i realy believe the plates in the psu are warpped or become warpped due to heat ?

one engineer spent over an hour on one

because it was in the ladys bedroom cupboard

you know wot i mean when there trying to sleep and theres a buuzing trany in the wardrobe next to them

but no honestly this is a realy bad buzzing like a tattoo gun some one here has got to come acros it

Has the quiescent system current drain been checked? it may be running to high due to a cable/component or overload of the system.

No problems here with them, fitted a "few". Have you checked what dry lining fixing are being used?

Could be the cause if they are not tight if your using toggles. Just a guess.

cheers

Yep here too, had same problem with texecom panels, they have since modified the fixings on the txfm

Now they are silent, I would say do not fit in any bedroom, bad move,

El cheapo transformers with not enough laminates to stop those big currents whoosing around them, forgotten what the effect is called now but for a tiny input current a massive current circulates around the transformer causing a buzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived