Security Installer Community

Bt Pathway Problem !

arnie

Hi , I have a problem with my pathway system here at work. I have fitted a voicemail card and enabled the answer machine , which when dialled does recieve the call , but as the message says please leave a message after the tone , we don't get a tone ?, so no messages are being received , any help would be much appreciated....cheers Arnie

I am sure by tonight someone will be able to assist you.

Include the model of your machine too, that may speed things up.

In the mean time, you could change your message to "please leave a message after the tone..... BLEEP" :whistle:

In the mean time, you could change your message to "please leave a message after the tone..... BLEEP" :whistle:

I use that when I answer the phone sometimes, works a treat :lol:

I use that when I answer the phone sometimes, works a treat :lol:

Hi , I have a problem with my pathway system here at work. I have fitted a voicemail card and enabled the answer machine , which when dialled does recieve the call , but as the message says please leave a message after the tone , we don't get a tone ?, so no messages are being received , any help would be much appreciated.... Arnie

thanks for the joke ...... but , I mean because we don't get a tone so it is not recording a message ?.....Is there anyone who can help ?.....

Hi , I have a problem with my pathway system here at work. I have fitted a voicemail card and enabled the answer machine , which when dialled does recieve the call , but as the message says please leave a message after the tone , we don't get a tone ?, so no messages are being received , any help would be much appreciated....cheers Arnie

The BT Pathway Voicemail card is a pretty simple bit of kit with no real parameters to configure, the tone is played from the card after the default or customised greeting is played with no option to turn it off or set the Voicemail to Announcement only.

So it would appear that your voicemail card is faulty (not an eBay job is it ?).

However all may not be lost, there are a number of things to try:

Presume it has the same fault (most probably will) - i.e. no recording prompt tone for both personal voicemail and answer machine?

Could try a reinstall, power it down, remove card - power up and then down, install and up again - configure.

Are you actually able to record/leave a message even though there is no recording prompt tone ?

If so you record a message and generate or mime your own tone as suggested above which would be a fix for the fault.

Is the card taking any recording (i.e. can you record your own customised personal greeting etc).

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

The BT Pathway Voicemail card is a pretty simple bit of kit with no real parameters to configure, the tone is played from the card after the default or customised greeting is played with no option to turn it off or set the Voicemail to Announcement only.

So it would appear that your voicemail card is faulty (not an eBay job is it ?).

However all may not be lost, there are a number of things to try:

Presume it has the same fault (most probably will) - i.e. no recording prompt tone for both personal voicemail and answer machine?

Could try a reinstall, power it down, remove card - power up and then down, install and up again - configure.

Are you actually able to record/leave a message even though there is no recording prompt tone ?

If so you record a message and generate or mime your own tone as suggested above which would be a fix for the fault.

Is the card taking any recording (i.e. can you record your own customised personal greeting etc).

Simon

Thanks for replying ... No it doesn't seem to be recording any message although people might not of left one if there wasn't a tone , but i am sure it isn't recording a message ... I will try the power down first ...No we got the card from a shop as a refurbished unit , the guy said they don't make new ones anymore...Also this is the default recording message , it hasn,t been changes yet ...Thanks I'll let you know how i get on ...

Thanks for replying ... No it doesn't seem to be recording any message although people might not of left one if there wasn't a tone , but i am sure it isn't recording a message ... I will try the power down first ...No we got the card from a shop as a refurbished unit , the guy said they don't make new ones anymore...Also this is the default recording message , it hasn,t been changes yet ...Thanks I'll let you know how i get on ...

Why don't you do some testing and see if it records your message, call into the system and try and leave a message on the answer machine or setup personal extension voicemail, divert calls to voicemail for that extension then you can test with an internal call.

As you have no way at the moment of knowing if it can or cannot actually record a message - unneccesary guesswork.

Much better to establish the full extent of the problem now before you start power resets and reinstalls.

Refurbished I think not, don't know anyone refurbishing these units and there is not exactly anything to polish so I would read refurbished as Second-User - Untested.

The OEM no longer make the voicemail cards but they are still available new from a small number of suppliers.

How much did you pay for the second-hand one ?

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Why don't you do some testing and see if it records your message, call into the system and try and leave a message on the answer machine or setup personal extension voicemail, divert calls to voicemail for that extension then you can test with an internal call.

As you have no way at the moment of knowing if it can or cannot actually record a message - unneccesary guesswork.

Much better to establish the full extent of the problem now before you start power resets and reinstalls.

Refurbished I think not, don't know anyone refurbishing these units and there is not exactly anything to polish so I would read refurbished as Second-User - Untested.

The OEM no longer make the voicemail cards but they are still available new from a small number of suppliers.

How much did you pay for the second-hand one ?

Simon

About

Archived