Security Installer Community

Preimier 24 Intenal Sounders

andrewjb

I've a Texecom P24 self-installed...

When the alarm goes off, the bell sounds for 15minutes (correct) and the strobe continues forever (correct).

The internall alarms/sounders follow the bell, though i.e. terminate after 15minutes. Can I configure it in some way to carry on?

Not sure without looking at the manual but you can program a output as intruder which will be active from an alarm activation unitil the system is reset.

Guest Alarm Guard

I am 99% sure that you cannot programme the uinternal sounder differently. As Stuart said, you can use an output but if the sound can be heard outside your premises you could be infringing noise nuisance regulations by allowing the sound to continue.

ag

I am 99% sure that you cannot programme the uinternal sounder differently. As Stuart said, you can use an output but if the sound can be heard outside your premises you could be infringing noise nuisance regulations by allowing the sound to continue.

ag

In my "massive" locksmith days of opening up houses and killing rouge bells and internals it was always stated by the magistrates order if the internal sounder could be heard either from next door or in the street we had express permission to open the locks and shut it down too.

The bills were eventually passed onto the house/alarm owner with our fee added to by the council and the housing office and the town hall duty officer...................ouch

cheers

Program the bell timer for longer, its own cutout will stop it after 15 minutes, the internal sounder should continue for the bell timer.

Only downside is that if there was a second activation within the bell timer the external bell would not ring again.

Alternatively, sound bomb wired into output programmed as alarm.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Program the bell timer for longer, its own cutout will stop it after 15 minutes, the internal sounder should continue for the bell timer.

Only downside is that if there was a second activation within the bell timer the external bell would not ring again.

Alternatively, sound bomb wired into output programmed as alarm.

Iv found a Rat................ hello glen its Ryan!

Ryan Williams - South coast service engineer for Banham Fire & Security Group*

*Comments are my own and do not reflect those of Banham Fire & Security Group.

How you doing mate, apply for trade membership, quote me as a reference.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived