Security Installer Community

Premier 24

sparkydom

Hi,

am looking to start using the texe premier 24 panel, and after reading through the manual cannot decide whether i need a digicom mod (300/2400 etc) to allow local UDL via wintex, or whether it just reies on internal RS232/485

Ive probably just missed it somewhere in the manual

Thanks in advance

Dom

Hi Dom,

You do need one of the add-on modules to connect a local PC to the panel, but use either the USB-Com or PC-Com modules rather than the Com-xxxx boards - which I *think* are fully-fledged modem boards for connection over the phone.

I use the USB-Com and the IP-Com (which is a bit pricey) and they work a treat.

cheers,

Ol

Spot on - that's all you need (plus your laptop and Wintex ;) )

I have to admit, I found the official information available on this stuff is rather limited when I was looking into which panel to go for, but I guess it takes a fair bit of effort to keep your manuals in-sync with your ever-changing product line (the web-site could be better though!)

On the positive side, I got excellent help from Texecom email support.

All the best,

Ol

If you intend to use the USB com, don't forget to load the drivers for it which are available from the Texecom website. I always carry a USB extension lead with me for thoes panels mounted near the ceiling, so you can work on the ground with the laptop. The Texecom programmer fob is also a very usefull tool. If you intend to do remote upload/download then use the com2400, the com300 is too slow.

Visit our website www.alarmsonline.co.uk

If you intend to use the USB com, don't forget to load the drivers for it which are available from the Texecom website. I always carry a USB extension lead with me for thoes panels mounted near the ceiling, so you can work on the ground with the laptop. The Texecom programmer fob is also a very usefull tool. If you intend to do remote upload/download then use the com2400, the com300 is too slow.

QFA, if you use the PCCom you can extend the lead from the impaq shaped device to the 9pin dsub with normal 4 core.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

QFA, if you use the PCCom you can extend the lead from the impaq shaped device to the 9pin dsub with normal 4 core.

I'm asuming you could also extend the RS485 side on either which for the USB com is probably better as I think USB cant be extended very far where as the RS485 side is just the same as the network. I have always thought that a great enhancement to the premier range would be either an IR port on the keypad or a com port so you could connect at the keypad rather than the end station so you dont need to bundle the laptop into the dusty old loft, the number of times i've nearly dropped it down the loft hatch, or run out of battery then had to run an extention lead up to plug the bloody thing in!

Visit our website www.alarmsonline.co.uk

Archived