Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 - Questions On Using

JamesHall

Hi there.

We have a GARDTEC 800 Panel in the hallway of our house. It was installed when Wimpey built the house, and we have been using it successfully since then (around 4 years ago).

Incidentaly, the panel in the hallway is a GARDTEC CONTOUR LED RKP c/w ACE (I think)

Some problems with it that I could do with some answers.

Can you turn down the volume of the chime when setting and unsetting the alarm, it is ridulously loud and gives me an ear ache everytime.

Apparantly, when we moved in the alarm was pre-configured for a part set so that on a night we could set it and go upstairs, and it would protect downstairs from break in, but we could move around freely upstairs (their is only one IR upstairs which I suppose part set disables). Not sure of any other details about this, but need to know how to use it if possible.

The user manual states that you can turn the chime off or on, does this mean the internal bell when setting or unsetting the alram. I am a total novice to all of this.

cheers.

James

Adjusting the entry/exit and chime volume levels is an engineer only function I'm afraid.

To part set the system, enter your user code and instead of pressing YES, press 1. This should part set the sytem depending on how the installers set up the part sets. Try that and get someone to trigger the PIR on the landing. If it has worked, it should'nt trigger the alarm.

Trade Member

The 800 series is a great panel and you were lucky to get one on a new build IMO!

I would suggest phoning some local installers (preferably SSAIB or NSI approved) and engaging the servies of one who will take over this system for you and maintain it annually. If you do this you should have years of trouble free operation.

Agreed.

The company I used to work for used to fit 800s with LCD keypads for loads of the big house builders before they realised they could get the site sparks to throw in an Accenta for less than half the price!

Trade Member

same happend to us. I did think there was a rule in the house guarantee HABC or whatever it is that said builders must use approved contractors but it would appear they dont. IMO houise builder work is pointless as its high pressure minimal margins and never any maint take up

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

same happend to us. I did think there was a rule in the house guarantee HABC or whatever it is that said builders must use approved contractors but it would appear they dont.

Don't think NHBC covers IAS so anyone can fit it.

How would one find out if they were sad enough to care?

Er, well, what with me obiously being sad enough to care I've just flicked through the rules of joining the NHBC. Seemed to infer in there on P3 under the definition of home that IAS is not covered by the NHBC guarantee.

Hi there.

Some problems with it that I could do with some answers.

Can you turn down the volume of the chime when setting and unsetting the alarm, it is ridulously loud and gives me an ear ache everytime.

this is done form engineer mode so you will need an engineer as we do not give out programing info on here, but best you ask if they know the actual panel and get a quote for rough cost before you engage one to save nasty shock to wallet.

Apparantly, when we moved in the alarm was pre-configured for a part set so that on a night we could set it and go upstairs, and it would protect downstairs from break in, but we could move around freely upstairs (their is only one IR upstairs which I suppose part set disables). Not sure of any other details about this, but need to know how to use it if possible.

ok, depends on level of code used i.e. as follows

Master level and Main User level - enter code press 1.

User Level enter code and pres 'NO' then '1'

Cleaner level - (P/S not allowed).

the system may be programmed for silent part set, if so no sound will be heard until the timer expires, then a short 'bleep' to confirm.

The user manual states that you can turn the chime off or on,

yes you can, but only when using a master user level code, also how depends a little on if you have the LED or LCD keypad display to help you.

LED LCD

enter master code 'NNNN' display says "SE" or "Set Syetem"

press no untill display shows "Ch" or "SET CHIME?"

press Yes "On" or CHIME ON OK"

press "NO" "Of" or CHIME OF OK"

press YES

Press '0' to get back to unset mode

does this mean the internal bell when setting or unsetting the alram. I am a total novice to all of this.

no, it is a seperate isue, although in part set you may have only internal bells depends how programmed.

cheers.

James

your welcome

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived