Security Installer Community

Help - intermittent beeping

Guest jofra

Hi

I have inherited an alarm - don't know what it is: just says Concept System on the panel in a cupboard and we have a separate keypad with Concept Advanced Microprocessor control on a sticker. We didn't get a manual or anything when we bought the house - just the code

It started beeping on the internal sounder last night (about 4 AM!) about every 40 seconds. I think it may be a battery warning or something like that but don't want to mess without information. Any help gratefully received.

Are you sure it isnt a smoke alarm? Check your home to see if you have any battery powered smoke alarms as these have a tendency to start beeping when the battery is running low, and you would be suprised as to how many people blame there alarm system for the problem.

There isnt a chime facillity on this panel, and it makes no intermittant noises to my knowledge to warn of mains or battery faults.

It could be in Walk Test mode, but then you`d get a noise whenever any zones were triggered.

Like the others i`d agree that this must be from another source, and it more than likely is a smoke detector, I got called out one night to an intermittant bleeping coming from the alarm keypad only to find out on arrival that it was a smoke detector about 12 feet away, it did fool me for a few seconds because when stood by the keypad it did sound as though that was where the noise was coming from.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

i would still say you DO have a smoke alarm with low battery, the number of times you ask on the phone have you a smoke alrm , and is it ok? arrive on site only to find smoke alrm with low battery, and to be told i thought it was alarm. here have an extra large bill.

to be fair you should stand near where sound is, listen for beep, walk away from where you were, wait for beep, is it louder or quieter? the sound reflects off walls so often it sounds like it is intruder alrm but its not, most recent one i had lady said, no it cant be smoke alarm its mains operated. that was true, but it had a flat dry cell standby battery, that is why it was beeping

Had a guy in and he thought it was the alarm. He changed the battery which had no charge at all. He left then it started again that night.

I thought since you guys were all of one opinion I'd check again. Got down on my hands and knees and put my ear right up to the horn. Then the smoke alarm beeped. For anyone experiencing a similar problems in the future note that it seemed like it was coming out of the horn until you were almost touching it. Strange reflections off the walls of the house.

Thanks again guys.

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for this piece of alarm antiquity

Archived