Security Installer Community

Help

a14nrv

hi all, i have searched these forums for the problem that i have, there are some close ones but not the same, i had powercut last night for no more than 10 seconds when power came back on the alarm set its self and started beeping but before i could get to panel to deacivate the alarm it went off but only internal siren, the keypad had all lights and keypad lights lit and would not resond to any input after about 20 mins siren stopped but keypad still all lit up and will not respond also outside light in box is flashing

Hi , your panel has crashed , either flat battery or mains surge has upset it.The easiest solution is to get an engineer to reset it , test the charging circuit and if necessary replace the back-up battery.There is an outside chance it may have defaulted also.

You could of coarse do this yourself , but be aware of lethal voltages etc inside the panel.

Regards.

hi all, i have searched these forums for the problem that i have, there are some close ones but not the same, i had powercut last night for no more than 10 seconds when power came back on the alarm set its self and started beeping but before i could get to panel to deacivate the alarm it went off but only internal siren, the keypad had all lights and keypad lights lit and would not resond to any input after about 20 mins siren stopped but keypad still all lit up and will not respond also outside light in box is flashing

There was a power cut in sheffield about a week ago, when the power came back on, it caused a surge and blew a lot of peoples panels and bellboxs, this may have happend to you. I am going to look at a veritas today with similar problems, if you are around sheffield, give me a call and I can come out.

There was a power cut in sheffield about a week ago, when the power came back on, it caused a surge and blew a lot of peoples panels and bellboxs, this may have happend to you. I am going to look at a veritas today with similar problems, if you are around sheffield, give me a call and I can come out.

yea that would be great but i live in the west midlands bit to much of a drive, will have to get someone closer but i just thought it might be simple but then hey it rarely is thanks anyway

Hi , your panel has crashed , either flat battery or mains surge has upset it.The easiest solution is to get an engineer to reset it , test the charging circuit and if necessary replace the back-up battery.There is an outside chance it may have defaulted also.

You could of coarse do this yourself , but be aware of lethal voltages etc inside the panel.

Regards.

I am in sheffield tomorrow I could pop round and take a look if you wish.

My call-out charges are

yea that would be great but i live in the west midlands bit to much of a drive, will have to get someone closer but i just thought it might be simple but then hey it rarely is thanks anyway
I am in sheffield tomorrow I could pop round and take a look if you wish.

My call-out charges are

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived