Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 Intruder Alarm

Guest bigchris53

Guest bigchris53

hi all, new member here,

We have an Accenta mini G3 intruder alarm - it was installed by prev. flat owners and when we bought the place they had not serviced it for 3yrs.

It very occasionaly goes off - but cuts out after the twenty minutes. however recently it has started making a buzzing/clicking sound - this can last several hours and emanates from the box on the external wall.

I am guessing that there may be a loose connection or something in the box?

I am thinking about turning it off at the mains and suffering 20mins of the bell - however would that actually work? also the mains isn't labelled particularly well.

We rarely use the alarm so don't mind if it is completely disconnected. Any ideas of how to fix this would be massively appreciated.

thanks,

chris,.

Guest bigchris53

Thanks for that Paul,

As i suspected the 12/15 firms i rang had no interest/no answer until New Year.

One helpful guy told me that if i open the panel and take out the battery in there or disconnect the fuse from the spur then the alarm will go off for as long as battery is left in the external box - maybe 20mins if lucky or max 8/9 hrs. this may well be breaking noise regulatios but if no service engineers are avialble for over a week...........

Is this correct? - i have limited electrical knowledge but i must be able to unscrew a panel and rip out the battery?

The alternative is to get out the step-ladders - take off the box housing and take ou the battery from theexternal box - however i would guess this is no easy task in order to deter burglars from this very action.

thanks.

you will struggle to get an engineer out to an uncontrcated system. I know we wouldnt respond before the new year to a non serviced system. To be fair this is what maint agreements are for. If you cant find anyone at all then im unsure what to suggest. I definetly wouldnt start letting your bell ring for even 20 mins, and dont start opening things up unless you are sure what you are doing

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks for that Paul,

As i suspected the 12/15 firms i rang had no interest/no answer until New Year.

One helpful guy told me that if i open the panel and take out the battery in there or disconnect the fuse from the spur then the alarm will go off for as long as battery is left in the external box - maybe 20mins if lucky or max 8/9 hrs. this may well be breaking noise regulatios but if no service engineers are avialble for over a week...........

Is this correct? - i have limited electrical knowledge but i must be able to unscrew a panel and rip out the battery?

The alternative is to get out the step-ladders - take off the box housing and take ou the battery from theexternal box - however i would guess this is no easy task in order to deter burglars from this very action.

thanks.

From what you have posted does sound right but in any course of action you should be really careful as you will be dealing with live parts and the last thing you want to do is hurt yourself!!!!

Guest bigchris53

thanks for all the replies and paul - i am certainly not offended - understand you need to be careful who and what advice you give out.

We are actually away over xmas and back for New Year so quite simply i am going to be crossing my fingers for next 10 days.

If the buzzing recurs i will have to ignore - if the bell starts going then i may or may not try to disarm it myself - depends whether it cuts out after 20mins and how frequently.

And i suppose also depends on how vociferous the neighbours are!

any more advice or any engineers in nth london who are available next week would be very welcome.

thanks,

chris

thanks for all the replies and paul - i am certainly not offended - understand you need to be careful who and what advice you give out.

We are actually away over xmas and back for New Year so quite simply i am going to be crossing my fingers for next 10 days.

If the buzzing recurs i will have to ignore - if the bell starts going then i may or may not try to disarm it myself - depends whether it cuts out after 20mins and how frequently.

And i suppose also depends on how vociferous the neighbours are!

any more advice or any engineers in nth london who are available next week would be very welcome.

thanks,

chris

I`m close pm me if you want a look see, only available on 27th and 28th till noon as i`m off for a few days as well.

cheers

Hi there

I had a panel problem similar to this and the bottom line was that it hadnt been wired correctly!

I had to replace the panel internal battery, the external siren/strobe and carried out a full check on the panel.... but all else was ok.

If the soundd you are describing is almost as though it is trying to start the siren fully but you just get a little 'blip' or a short squeel then stops... its the same as I had.

I found that the panel wiring to the Siren/Strobe had been incorrectly terminated and from what I could see it had been a wireless A1 alarm system (type from B&Q) that had the system changed to a fully wired one.... Accenta g3 .... but the siren/strobe hadnt been wired correctly.

I hope that helps... it wasnt as dramatic as I first thought though!!!

Hope you have a safe holidays.

Regards

Billy

Solutions4CCTV

Keeping an eye on your property

Archived