Security Installer Community

Linking Fire Alarm To Intruder Alarm

Guest thedog

By linking im assuming yo wish to use the intruder alarm's communicator to signal fire, yes this can be done with a aux relay on the fire panel

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Guest Alarm Guard
By linking im assuming yo wish to use the intruder alarm's communicator to signal fire, yes this can be done with a aux relay on the fire panel

... but doesn't comply with BS5839

... but doesn't comply with BS5839

Actually in BS5839 i cant find any reference that this type of signalling does not comply

There was talk a little while ago of FB asking for URN ( Unique Reference Number) instead of coming through Pin 1 of intruder

I Maybe wrong please dont crucify me if i am

To do this you would come from A N/C (normally closed) Auxillary from fire alarm which would remove 12v from Pin 1 thus sending a signal and when reset the 12v would return and restore @ Monitoring Station

regs

FCE

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Guest Alarm Guard
Actually in BS5839 i cant find any reference that this type of signalling does not comply

Have you found a fire resistant intruder alarm panel?? :whistle:

IIRC for it to comply it has to be redcare and all parts of it has to be BS5839 compliant items .... which an intruder panel isn't.

Have you found a fire resistant intruder alarm panel?? :whistle:

IIRC for it to comply it has to be redcare and all parts of it has to be BS5839 compliant items .... which an intruder panel isn't.

Ah But Ancillary Fire equipment does not have to be fire proof you could wire door magnets or central station links in t&e Audibility and detection needs to be run in fire proof so it can carry on working ancillary i.e monitoring only needs to send 1 signal so it doesn't have to be fire proof

are Stu's Fire Proof??? :whistle:

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Guest Alarm Guard
Ah But Ancillary Fire equipment does not have to be fire proof you could wire door magnets or central station links in t&e Audibility and detection needs to be run in fire proof so it can carry on working ancillary i.e monitoring only needs to send 1 signal so it doesn't have to be fire proof

are Stu's Fire Proof??? :whistle:

Can signalling be termed ancilliary, especially in a P system?

Can signalling be termed ancilliary, especially in a P system?

I would Think so as to the fact of

1) Fire Alarm Activates

2) Relay Changes State Sending Signal to Stu

3) Stu Contacts Monitoring Station

all in space of a few seconds

Only 1 signal needed so is ancillary same as MDR's (magnetic door retainers)

Bells need to go continously in a fire hence why wired in fireproof same as detection

adam i think its about standby times cos even g3 wont match a fire alarm for standyby req

thats one reason

no point having a fire system that can last up to 72hrs that signals through a 12 volt single battery backed upped intruder system.

When you connect an intruder STU to a fire alarm you have to comply with the following 6 clauses:

Clause 25.4:

thats one reason

no point having a fire system that can last up to 72hrs that signals through a 12 volt single battery backed upped intruder system.

When you connect an intruder STU to a fire alarm you have to comply with the following 6 clauses:

Clause 25.4:

Archived