Security Installer Community

17th Addition

Vince8282

Just been reading this

Looks like more study and expense and a few interesting changes.

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

addition or edition?

OK mate so I am dyslexic but I am work ing on it :ninja:

It means sparkies and others will have to update their copies of the 16th edition take another test etc etc etc and also by June 2008 impliment the changes with all the assossiated paperwork and I feel sorry for the people who have only just taken the 16th edition but I surpose thats what ongoing training is all about :banned:

Anyway if you look at it this way it is the 17th addition as to the time when no regs existed. Us dyslexics just think differently thats all. (I know I do anyway) and not many think I belong on this planet and if we keep chopping the trees down where will the wild life go.(back to the large glass recepticle for me I think)

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

OK mate so I am dyslexic but I am work ing on it :ninja:

It means sparkies and others will have to update their copies of the 16th edition take another test etc etc etc and also by June 2008 impliment the changes with all the assossiated paperwork and I feel sorry for the people who have only just taken the 16th edition but I surpose thats what ongoing training is all about :banned:

Anyway if you look at it this way it is the 17th addition as to the time when no regs existed. Us dyslexics just think differently thats all. (I know I do anyway) and not many think I belong on this planet and if we keep chopping the trees down where will the wild life go.(back to the large glass recepticle for me I think)

talk about taking things in the wrong context.didnt know you are dyslexic and tbh none of my business. i was just asking cause i wasnt sure what you meant. i havent heard anything about 17th edition

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Camerabloke, the trouble with writting is you can't see into the mind of the person writting so you will have no idea of the context that the writter that wrote writ.

I didn't take offence at your comment and I am a happy bloke so I was not upset in anyway.

In fairness to you my comment may have sounded like I was getting at you but really all I was saying was ...What you picked up on was correct I really meant 17th edition so I was using my dyslexia as an excuse rather that saying you picked up my error that I didn't know I had done before you pointed it out.

Anyway what the point of the thread was meant to be is an advanced warning that the 16th edition will be replaced by the 17th that is due out in January2008 and will become compulsary (for the want of a better word) in June 2008. This will mean that we all will have to see how and if the changes will effect our businesses and what we need to do about it. As it will incorporate the CE stuff for europe etc it looks like the BS is up the chute and we will all have to bow to europe with their daft input. At this time, it is in draft form and suggestions and/or opinions are being requested by the powers that be to see if we like the changes or think more changes are necessary etc etc. This being a very imfomative site to it's members I thought some would find the subject of interest and have a look at the link and from there do a little digging to see how it effects them as individuals and as companies.

My point of veiw is that laws are for muppets as principles are for the inteligent ones of us.

Best wishes

Vince

no worries vince,

this forum is heated at the best of time so i think we could all do with chilling out.

i heard 17th edition is being introduced jan 2008, if that is any help.

ps havent read the above link so i dont know if it on there

regards

Darren

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

no worries vince,

this forum is heated at the best of time so i think we could all do with chilling out.

i heard 17th edition is being introduced jan 2008, if that is any help.

ps havent read the above link so i dont know if it on there

regards

Darren

And I thought we were all cool dudes :rolleyes:

Your comment about jan 2008 I surpose is repetion for emphasis and we will all hear it again I am sure, but the admission that you did not read the link makes me think youv'e been hexed :whistle:

16th came out 91?

5 different coloured covers?

compare this to how much dosh been spent buying alarm standards .............

& most of the DD are only fit to wipe your ass with...

16th came out 91?

5 different coloured covers?

compare this to how much dosh been spent buying alarm standards .............

& most of the DD are only fit to wipe your ass with...

Very true.... I wonder if anyone on e-bay sells the coloured covers to go around the volume as no one ever reads past it except when taking the course and exam and very few have a copy of the on site guide except when they are being inspected. I may sound a little synical here but I think there may be a lot of books being exchanged just for the purpose of being inspected or to pass the exam and they are very rearlly refered to if ever by the people that should know whats in them anyway. It may come under risk assessment: Do not bring paperwork on site to avoid paper cuts and possible infection due to latent viruses and/or bacteria found on site.

PS Although the 17th is up for discussion it is most unlikely that the UK will have much to do with it's content. :bruce_h4h:

Archived