Security Installer Community

stering 10 pir,s ????????????

Guest skull-eater

how do i wire  

4 members have voted

1. 1. how do i wire

Guest skull-eater
:wacko: hello just found this site hope you can help me got a steriling 10 fitted and had a new conservatory fitted.trying to fit a new pir in there linking off a existing one pyronix.how do i do this as only got one cable fitted in the wall .so i have one pir in the kitchen and a cable drilled through the wall in to the conservatory can i just link all the wires up to the same points on both pirs???thanks for your help inadvance cheers.....................

No you cant just link the wires up as you describe because that would need both sensors to be triggered at the same time to cause the alarm to activate.

Also if at all possible i`d strongly advise you to consider running a seperate cable to the conservatory detector back to the panel and using a spare zone if you have one, and would suggest you fit a Dual-Tech detector in the conservatory to reduce the risk of false alarms.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

skull-eater,

It is better to, as Service Engineer has suggested, run a new cable from the new detector to your panel if you have a spare zone, this way, you can tell what PIR has activated in the event of the system getting triggered. (And also in the event of a break in, you may be able to see the entry route of the unwanted visitor if you alarm logs this)

If this is impossible, then here is what you need to do....

(Remember, your panel will need to know you are going to open a sensor's cover, or it will (should!) sound the internal sounder (at least) - This usually requires entering an engineering mode, or if the panel allows it, entering your code after a tamper event has caused the internal sounder to sound.

If you have remote signalling, you need to inform the monitoring station you are going to be fiddling so they don

Guest skull-eater
:( had a go tonight and they light up but the door contacts that worked last night when i finished not working now.so i cant walk test them.as for the new cable it is a last resort just had it plastered & painted. the contacts are:i,m using the same cable as the door conntacts for the kitchen french doors...instead of using the blue and white for the contacts i am using the red and black in the same cable and connect them to the panel .??does it matter which way round they are??

As long as you use the same colours at both ends of he cable, it wont affect the functionality of the devices connected...

So, you have 8 core cable, 6 cores for the PIR's and two for the contacts?

Or am I missing somthing here!

If this is so, what colours have you got connected where now?

Guest skull-eater

hello maty got six core cable for every where.door con are

red on left

green yellow both twisted in middle

black on right

at the panel red on left {zone 7

black on right {zone 7

:( had a go tonight and they light up but the door contacts that worked last night when i finished not working now.so i cant walk test them.as for the new cable it is a last resort just had it plastered & painted. the contacts are:i,m  using the same cable as the door conntacts for the kitchen french doors...instead of using the blue and white for the contacts i am using the red and black in the same cable and connect them to the panel .??does it matter which way round they are??

If the contacts have their own seperat cable that connects to the panel, then there are two things that may have happend...

1 - you dislodged somthing in the panel

2 - you shorted somthing in th panel!

When you say they don't work, does the penel thing the doors are open or closed all the time?

You said "the contacts are:i,m using the same cable as the door conntacts for the kitchen french doors" this is what i was refering to when I asked about the 8 core cable - do you mean you are suing multiple contacts on one cable/zone?

What panel do you have?

Archived