Security Installer Community

Shutable 24 Hour

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone could give me an insight on if the following is possible and what i would need:

Ive got a number of doors on a premises that i would like to have alarmed on a 24 hour zone. Currently all are set to Fire, as these are fire doors. The alarm isnt designed as much to give us a fire warning, but to alert us that one of the doors has been used, and is no longer secure.

I would like to know if it would be possible to fit some sort of prox reader by every door, and when a tag is presented to the fob, it shunts/disables the door out so it is able to open without causing alarm.

The zone would have to be capable of arming itself when the door is closed, or if the tag was represented at the reader.

This would be easier than having to omit the zones at the keypad.

System is Galaxy 60.

cheers Guys

Guest Peter James

Your installer should be able to easily do this for you, if you have a pc based access control system and record when and who opened which door, or a stand alone access system that shunts each zone locally.

Keyswitches - cheap, keys not secure, does a job

Prox Readers: More functionality, secure - you know who has been issued tokens. More programmable, Will require a model that gives latch/toggle function.

Which version - stand alone or PC linked?? Cost would be a key decider here. If an Access Control system is already in place then it could be modified but stand alone units would still be the cheaper option.

Please ask if you require details.

Andrew

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone could give me an insight on if the following is possible and what i would need:

Ive got a number of doors on a premises that i would like to have alarmed on a 24 hour zone. Currently all are set to Fire, as these are fire doors. The alarm isnt designed as much to give us a fire warning, but to alert us that one of the doors has been used, and is no longer secure.

I would like to know if it would be possible to fit some sort of prox reader by every door, and when a tag is presented to the fob, it shunts/disables the door out so it is able to open without causing alarm.

The zone would have to be capable of arming itself when the door is closed, or if the tag was represented at the reader.

This would be easier than having to omit the zones at the keypad.

System is Galaxy 60.

cheers Guys

is using 'chime' not a simpler option? i don't use galaxie's, but for cheapness why not fit a radio Rx and have several 4 button fobs for staff? each button is a seperate channel so by programming spare zones as 'control' which if activated use the shunt funtion on area's, you should be able to isolate sections of doors or indevidual ones depending on panels capability. the operations would be then recorded in the alarm log i'd assume, butnot names of user.

scantronic, and i think visonic rx's can be programmed as a bistable operation, so 1st push on B1 islolate's, 2nd push on B1 area/door back on again, each channel having a different area of contro;. far easier to wire up.

to prevent any shunting being left in place a connection from the setting proceedure (detector latch reset) giving a pulsed off output could reset the Rx on starting setting proceedure.

if you go the prox/keypad route then you will need aditional psu's to supply them, and you decission will be affected by how many doors or groups of doors you need to control.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived