Security Installer Community

Wireless Home System

Guest jakey

Looking at the old messages on the site, it doesn't seem like the professionals think too much of most of the wireless systems. Unfortunately, like a total eejit did the plasterwork and floors before the alarm :wacko::wacko:, so I would really like to avoid running cables.

Is there a wireless system worth installing? I should mention that I have a conservatory, so even a newbie like me has concerns regarding the wireless PIRs.

Any thoughts or recommendations much appreciated.

cheers,

jakey

BTW, nice job on a very informative site

Scantronic & Rokonet wireless equipment seem to be the best in my experience, although both of them tend to be a little pricey, around double the cost of a wired system.

Unfortunately Pete`s quite right, even the very best wireless system isnt any better than a cheapo wired kit from your local DIY store.

Every now and again we try the latest wireless versions from the top manufacturers and always seem to get nothing but trouble from them. The last one we fitted (Scantronic), we were called out to every few days for 4 weeks and in the end we replaced the whole lot at our expense for a Descent Wired System. Problems stopped overnight.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 2 weeks later...

you said "virtullly no problems" origonal poster get several quotes , you could (for a laugh) ask for radio alarm quote, you will see the cost difference your self, and do not touch any d i y radio alarm

Archived