Security Installer Community

Linux - Ubuntu

Service Engineer

Oh I know I could play games and things on whatever flavour available, but the amount of stuff I tend to set up on a Linux install needs several hours work :)

Plus I prefer to set them up as servers, running 24/7. This doesn't sit too well with the laptop :(

--

psumner@dmicros.com

Manufacturer

• 1 month later...
Ubuntu is good but Backtrack is better.

How, why, in what sense?

You could say a Lotus is better than my estate but it's not as I'd never get all the tools in it. Therefore (you reading Mr L) my shed-like Laguna is actually better than a Lotus. ;)

Horses for courses.

You could say a Lotus is better than my estate but it's not as I'd never get all the tools in it. Therefore (you reading Mr L) my shed-like Laguna is actually better than a Lotus. ;)

Horses for courses.

Oh dear, Im sorry to have to be the one to tell you Lurch but you're now offically middle-aged.

Probably best if you get some beige trousers, a cardy and some slippers right away :rolleyes:

Ok Backtrack has way more security tools built into it, I find it runs smoother, and it autodetects my wireless straight away where as ubunto didnt pick it up at all.

Its my distro of choice.

Your distro of choice. Possibly not everyones though. Depends what you want to do with it.

Archived