Security Installer Community

Optima XL4

Guest Tony015

Guest Tony015

I've just moved house and the pin number i was given by user is wrong how do i reset pin code without one to begin with.

Please Help wife giving me ear ache

Guest oldtimer

OK first of all the only way to get a new pin No is to "crash" the panel This function

wipes the chip clean and resets it to factory conditions.

You say you have an Optima XL4. Are you sure this is not a XM4 ?

Anyway check it again and tell me how many zones you have ie 4 or 6 (does it matter YES) Why because you need to short out or link 2 connections in the panel to reset it back to 0123 user code.

PS do not try and enter the wrong code more than 3 times or the panel may go into alarm condition .

Ohhhhh Dear.

Whats goin on here..........?

oldtimer i know your only trying to help, but i keep getting people report posts to me when there are panel defaulting methods being made known to the general public.

IT IS A SECURITY RISK, what if some criminal reads this post and thinks "Aha I know someone with one of those panels"...?

YOU KNOW IM RIGHT - ID RATHER YOU SEND ONE PERSON THE MANUAL THAN GIVE INSTRUCTIONS ON HERE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO SEE.

It would only take 30 seconds to default and silence a house alarm when the intruder has the instructions on how to default it.

Please please in future if you want to help someone, then send them an email or personnal message.

:o

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I don't see the problem in telling anybody how to default this panel as any moron can shut this panel up in approximately 8 seconds. One screw out (or rip the front off, depending how elegant you are) *****************. Your result? A silence that would deafen an exam hall.

Just as a follow up which would only take another second - *********************.

No knowlege, No tools, just a pair of scissors. Thats why I feel that these panels are well out of date and the only way forward is a panel in a remote place (e.g. loft) wired to a keypad by your door.

2p.

I Cant believe how Irresponsible this reply to my post was.

Consider yourself warned.

I censor a post containg a panel default method and you reply telling everyone how to silence almost any system in a matter of seconds.

How stupid are you....?

That would of course require knowledge of alarm panel wiring, as usually there isn't a big label stating ****************, Cut ***************"

The internal sounder would also continue to sound.

Totally agree with the loft installation - I am planning to do exactly this as soon as I obtain a keypad!

Yeah you're right its not blatently labeled, but it's labeled all the same. Even I can do it (i'd put a wager on myself to beat my time stated - 8 seconds)

Thanks a lot

Jack

yo,

I agree. Not all burglars can read by why do most installers use red and black for the hold off voltage and blue for the bell trigger?

I see this on a regular basis anyway. I'm presuming most aren't colourblind :)

In my home install, I have used different colours for everything! (Excluding the mains!)

With 30 zones, two bell boxes, a dialler, an online printer, two lock set zones and a couple of external speakers, the panel and my LIM's look like the inside of a BT street cabnet :D

I have documented the colours used on each part of the system, and the key is NOT kept in or by the panel I hasten to add!

Archived