Security Installer Community

Answering Your Business Phone

most of my clients call the moby, and most times they get through. coverage is not perfect, so the voice mail fields those calls.

clients these days seem to prefer to make one call only, and with current phone schemes and thousands of inc minutes this is now more the norm. the days when they would phone a land line to save costs, then the mobile are all but gone imo.

if i'm driving i do have bluetooth hands free, so i tell them either i will call them back or call me later. if they are so impatient for my services, to want me to risk my life at a moments notice i don't care for their custom in the 1st place, and best they place it elswhere. can you imaging the pannic attack over a small issue? who needs that :no:

from my own experience of them, calls diverted to an answer service are little more than usless, and serve to upset more than appease the caller and yourself. clients just don't want to pay to talk to someone who knows less about their concerns or problems than they do themselves, or have to exsplain it several times either.

most do appreciate you will respond as soon as a suitable momment occurs, and that is courtesy you can extend to impress and make them feel you care with the personal touch a small buisness like mine offers.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

most of my clients call the moby, and most times they get through. covergae is not perfect so the voice mail fields the call.

clients these days seem to prefer to make one call only, and with current phone schemes and thousands of inc minutes this is mow the norm. the days when they would phone a land line to save costs, then the mobile are all but gone imo.

if i'm driving i do have bluetooth hands free, so i tell them either i will call them back or call me later. if they are so impatient for my services, to want me to risk my life at a moments notice i don't care for their custom in the 1st place and best they place it elswhere. can you imaging the panick attack over a small issue? who needs that :no:

from my own experience opf them, calls diverted to an answer service are little more than usless, and serve to upset more than appease the caller. clients just don't want to pay to talk to someone who knows less about their concerns than they do, or have to exsplain it several times either.

regs

alan

most of my clients call the moby, and most times they get through. covergae is not perfect so the voice mail fields the call.

clients these days seem to prefer to make one call only, and with current phone schemes and thousands of inc minutes this is mow the norm. the days when they would phone a land line to save costs, then the mobile are all but gone imo.

if i'm driving i do have bluetooth hands free, so i tell them either i will call them back or call me later. if they are so impatient for my services, to want me to risk my life at a moments notice i don't care for their custom in the 1st place and best they place it elswhere. can you imaging the panick attack over a small issue? who needs that :no:

from my own experience of them, calls diverted to an answer service are little more than usless and serve more to offfend and upset more than appease the caller. clients just don't want to pay for the privaledge to talk to someone who knows and care far less about their concerns than they do, or have to exsplain it several times either.

regs

alan

Arfur

Thanks for your views, not making a comment just now.

cheers

Dave

no already too many of them, i myself take all calls if i can ie if its safe to do so but i have a message on my mobby a/s that i have a personal message not the orange steriotype message that orange syupply.

colin

The problem is there is evidence that a pottential customer will not leave a message, they will just dial the next company on the list.

Dave

what a bigoted statment.............................i don't think but others no doubt will after the response i got.

:hmm:

i don't think that is bigoted in any way MAYCO, i bet most hate calls from these centre's based abroad of which manny are in India and staffed by Indian's.

there is no racial slant on this, it is a fact i and i'm sure you will have also got call's on a highly compressed line, loads of hiss, pops and delay, might as well be ship to shore - with the titanic.

i answer the phone with my name and get "can i speak to Mr Taylor please" that immediately gets my back up, so i reply we are on TPS and i get "yes i understand, can i speak to Mr Aalan Taylor please and the then spell my name out", languadge becomes a tad unprintable at this stage folks :ranting:

regs

alan

The problem is there is evidence that a pottential customer will not leave a message, they will just dial the next company on the list.

Dave

and if they are that feckless who wants them? they will be the ones who get you to attend, ask a million questions, want every window door and air vent contacted after someone stole their dustbin, the after 4 hours say the classic "i was only curious" :ranting::ranting::ranting:

if you worth it and they are, they will put a little more effort into speaking to you, thats the clients you really want - the ones that want you.

regs

alan

Vodafone do two leves of a paging service that is very good. For the basic service they will answer your phone with your company name, say no one is available but take a message that you will receive on a pager.

Their second service is just an enhanced version of that (forget the exact difference) but they will also send you a report of calls (so if you used it for your engineer on call for example you can audit between the call log and his paperwork).

Neither are particularly expensive options at all. It is either that or a "virtual office".

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

and if they are that feckless who wants them? they will be the ones who get you to attend, ask a million questions, want every window door and air vent contacted after someone stole their dustbin, the after 4 hours say the classic "i was only curious" :ranting::ranting::ranting:

if you worth it and they are, they will put a little more effort into speaking to you, thats the clients you really want - the ones that want you.

regs

alan

Yes, but if the pottential client doesn't know you, just got your name from a phone book etc.. experience has shown they will cross you off the list and go onto the next person who will answer.

Our local nsi company has a habit of not answering the phone, works for me :yes: they just phone us.

cheers

Dave

Archived