Security Installer Community

New Installation

Guest Tony 200

Guest Tony 200

Hi everyone,

I have resently fitted an alarm system having not fitted one before and have a problem in that i wired it all ok, fitting the front door to the E/E terminals and all other zones accordingly however after testing, everything works well exept that the E/E zone only sounds the internal bell. Do i need to link to another zone and programe that for E/E maybe? Help please!!!! The alarm type is a 9448 with a 9427 key pad.

Hi everyone,

I have resently fitted an alarm system having not fitted one before and have a problem in that i wired it all ok, fitting the front door to the E/E terminals and all other zones accordingly however after testing, everything works well exept that the E/E zone only sounds the internal bell. Do i need to link to another zone and programe that for E/E maybe? Help please!!!! The alarm type is a 9448 with a 9427 key pad.

Are you giving it chance to alarm properly as you may just be hearing the entry count down timer?

The older I get, the faster I was.

Hi everyone,

If you exceed half the programmed entry time the internal sounder will emit an internal alarm tone, go to control panel and key-in your access code to stop sounder and return to Day.

In other words, (1min entry time), open door, entry sound, at 30secs, LOUDER entry/alarm sound, this one is saying TURN ME OFF or I will go into FULL ALARM condition - outside sounder as well, does this help?

magpye

ps It's called dual-ply entry time

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest Tony 200
Are you giving it chance to alarm properly as you may just be hearing the entry count down timer?

Yes positive its armed, the alarm sounds the same internally as any other

Guest Tony 200
If you exceed half the programmed entry time the internal sounder will emit an internal alarm tone, go to control panel and key-in your access code to stop sounder and return to Day.

In other words, (1min entry time), open door, entry sound, at 30secs, LOUDER entry/alarm sound, this one is saying TURN ME OFF or I will go into FULL ALARM condition - outside sounder as well, does this help?

magpye

ps It's called dual-ply entry time

Not sure to test the E/E zone i set full wait until armed opennE/E then get entry alarm until time elapsed then full internal alarm sounds but not external.

Not sure to test the E/E zone i set full wait until armed opennE/E then get entry alarm until time elapsed then full internal alarm sounds but not external.

In other words,

(example > 1min entry time, )

open door,

entry sound,

at 30secs you get a

LOUDER entry/alarm sound,

(this one is saying TURN ME OFF or I will go into FULL ALARM condition

AT 1min > outside sounder as well.

Are you waiting long enough?

If you are, I would suggest you have a problem with your outside sounder

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest Tony 200
after another 30 seconds, it should then sound outside as well

That may be the case as i only quickly checked if extrnal sounder was activated on entering the E/E zone and then punched in code thanks for that il give it a go

European regs.. external siren will not sound until after 30 secs if E/E time expires.. wait a bit longer and see what happens :)

European regs ????? A Scantronic 9448 ??????

Archived