Security Installer Community

Securit 700l Problem

Guest David Mac

Guest David Mac

Can anyone offer advice please.

Following a power cut there is now no mains power showing at the control panel. The circuit breaker has not tripped and it looks as if there is power to the bell as the LED's on the exterior are illuminated. As far as I am aware the battery is original and may be around 10 yrs old.

Any advice would be appreciated before I arrange a service call

Can anyone offer advice please.

Following a power cut there is now no mains power showing at the control panel. The circuit breaker has not tripped and it looks as if there is power to the bell as the LED's on the exterior are illuminated. As far as I am aware the battery is original and may be around 10 yrs old.

Any advice would be appreciated before I arrange a service call

Battery is 5 years overdue a change and i would act fast. The system may be on batt power and once this expires you will have sirens.

Your installing company have not given you best advice by not having it serviced yearly.

Dave

Dave i dont understand, what advice was wrong and when?

I think that if they advised you to have it serviced annualy they are spot on!

But yeah if indeed the power is off (probably not but if the indicator is showing something wrong it needs looking at) but you will definetly need a new battery

:whistle: quickly edits post as dave made a boo and tries to make James look an idot.

Read my post james it is quite clear :lol:

Dave

fair enough and you dont need to try, i dont need any assistance in that area at all.

;)

nah mate. You are one of the most level headed people on here :punk:

Even if you disagree with me most of the time, that's democracy :yes:

Dave

The 700l doesn't monitor the batterycircuit, you can remove it and the panel will still think everthing is ok.The leads normally corrode and drop off. Have had a few transformer problems in the past.

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived