Security Installer Community

Intellisense 800l

Guest Kevin Thomson

Guest Kevin Thomson

Recently moved into house which had a Intellisense Securit 800L fitted.

No problems with the system, other than the fact that the external alarm goes off when I disconnect the power to change light switches etc. I know that this should happen, as the battery kicks in, but wondered if I could disconnect the battery while carrying out the work and then reconnect again when completed, so that I can keep the neighbours friendly.

Presumably the battery is maintained wthin the control panel, but don't want to open the panel up unless I set it off.

The User Manual isn't much help.

Your system 'shouldnt' activate when you remove the power and as it does it has a fault. Probably the battery in the panel. You should have it repaired and checked over. There is no easy way to stop your sounder sounding as if there was every burglar in town would do it!

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Recently moved into house which had a Intellisense Securit 800L fitted.

No problems with the system, other than the fact that the external alarm goes off when I disconnect the power to change light switches etc. I know that this should happen, as the battery kicks in, but wondered if I could disconnect the battery while carrying out the work and then reconnect again when completed, so that I can keep the neighbours friendly.

Presumably the battery is maintained wthin the control panel, but don't want to open the panel up unless I set it off.

The User Manual isn't much help.

I'll bet a tenner it's the battery charging circuit.

The older I get, the faster I was.

Archived