Security Installer Community

Optima Vs Texecom Panel For System?

spence_

What telephone did you contact Texecom tech. support on?

The Texecom panels are without doubt better than the ADE... but the Premier range is much more complex to install and programme than the ADE

Paul

Via an email enquiry, they called me back the following morning on 01706 234800.

... I find it another example of Texecom's poor standards when dealing with the public on matters related to so-called professional products and a reason why I will not use their panels.

They sell their products through trade outlets to professional installers and then give all of the same support and assistance to individual members of the public ... bizarre to say the least.

I understand where you are coming from. However, I am sure that the number of individuals prepared to take on thsi type of alarm install will be relatively low compared to those who will require an alarm installer. With regard to the tech support, I was never asked if I was trade or not, that may have a bearing on the supply of free softward and connector.

Thanks for your advice.

they will know your not by the responses you gave. But you will need one of the bigger panels due to the number os zones you require. I would say go for either but probably er on the side of texecom. Even though they are supposed to be a prfessional only product, as you have found out they are not, and they know this. The manuals are well written for the beginer. If they are prepared to speak to you direct that is worrying, you should get support from where you purchase your equiepment from

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

They sell their products through trade outlets to professional installers and then give all of the same support and assistance to individual members of the public ... bizarre to say the least.

cooper have emailed a 790 engineer book to an end user before, & when armed with the book he's not been able to resolve the issue, put him intouch with us, also had the same thing happen with the mulitscan, its the same where ever you go & in most trades too :no:

yep he dont need us lol

OP, my original post stands. With the number of sensors you have the optima G3 is not really big enough so you have really have disgned above the panel. You should have a zone per device

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I certainly would suggest that asking an alarm company to give a quotation would be a sensible move... but ultimately it is his house, his money, his choice

This is a good idea for comparison, because the parts alone are expensive. I have an installer coming this week to quote. I haven't yet dismissed this, but want to explore all options. At the moment the house is having a lot of work done so it is easy to access all roof and floor spaces for installing.

You should also check with your insurers. They may insist that the alarm is installed professionally to a particular standard.

This is true. I am not declaring it to my insurers for any type of discount on premium, it is for my own security purposes primarily.

Archived