Security Installer Community

Old Panels And Detectors (80's And 90's Era)

Matt Ward

The foam in the old ultra sonics started to melt after about 15 years and made a sticky mess in the detector.

I have worked on all the old stuff in my years from the old dry cell stuff with end of line battery all cabled in twin a + and - loop on tha same cable to the modern galaxy G3.

i think im right here but the bell box had a car alarm type bell/siren in but no strobe, and if memory serves me correct it didnt have a batter either it was an old system that need replacing really.

logic 4 comes to mind, they dont make these now do they.

regards

colin :hmm:

possibly a diy or pj (private job), the logic 4 i seem to remember was the 1st panel that AD&E made, could be wrong though!

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The one's i am talking about are about the same size but cream in colour same as an old bentley panel. With a foam behind the grill that melted after years and stuck all over your hands it you took the lid off.

i remeber the dyer tamper switches on 772!!!!

i also remeber the MW panels....i did like the engineer reset facilty...but to be honest worst panel ever has got to be an aplex....they are awful panels...and yes i understand them sort of??.... ;)

Am I right by saying the IR772 'tamper switch' was just a bit of metal that slotted over the main PCB (sideways) when the detector was closed?

Those damn Aplex panels, a RED Vaccum Flourescent Display (only one line) that kept repeating the open circuits while the panel was unset! It was a bit like the old calculators (cube type lettering on the VFD).

How about the scantronic 9100 (or the ATG6000 is what we used, but is the same as a 9100 but a slightly bigger and better looking case). If you connected a smoke detector, it would pulse the SAB - on the SAS units we used, this overloaded or spiked the PCB which sent the panel haywire and it would lock up! After this, the internal sounder output would become much lower (component failure).

A near-by storm? ...if you were on-call - guaranteed to get several scantronic 9100/atg6000 panels lockup!

Archived