Security Installer Community

Old Panels And Detectors (80's And 90's Era)

Matt Ward

scanny 9100`s ruled the world, even up till my divorce we had a 9100 in our 3 bed flat in chelsea. That reminds me, better fit one here, kin busmans holiday again.

cheers

Anybody remember the old Aritech ultrasonics, we used to use them all the time. When I was a trainee our senior technician gave us a talk/demo on how good these units were and told us that you drive over them in a bus and they would survive, with that he put one on the floor and jumped on it, you guessed it! bits flying all over the place.

Anybody remember the old Aritech ultrasonics, we used to use them all the time. When I was a trainee our senior technician gave us a talk/demo on how good these units were and told us that you drive over them in a bus and they would survive, with that he put one on the floor and jumped on it, you guessed it! bits flying all over the place.

Heheheh, 1st vetitas R8 rep turned up and opened shiney briefcase, connected battery and it went up in smoke.

Why i tend to avoid them even today..........hearing good things about them now but images tend to stick in your mind.

cheers

Heheheh, 1st vetitas R8 rep turned up and opened shiney briefcase, connected battery and it went up in smoke.

Why i tend to avoid them even today..........hearing good things about them now but images tend to stick in your mind.

cheers

When I was 16 and living at home, I had a Modern 3000 (Scantronic 9100) in my bedroom. Had a detector just outside the door on chime as well ;D

Dave

nothing wrong with 9100 , MX 48, ETc last for ever.

The only thing good about an aplex 100 is code shift 0 ( Alert accept ) LOL

i second the code shift 0

as for the 9100 it was a great panel for its time....bullet proof..only thing is it was'nt storm proof B)

Wow! I must be bored... check it out...

http://groups.msn.com/UKSecurityPanels/old...els.msnw?Page=1

...your hillclare panel is there as well!

i still maintained and service those Telecom 670/680 panels :huh: ,

apparently it was some computer programmer guy/s some while ago design the aplex!!! ://.B.W.F.//: .(I could be wrong)

i just done a services today on a 9100 panel with those aritech ultrasonic at one of our clients, jeez! :whistle:

• 3 years later...

Only just replaced my folks' 9100. Nothing up with it, just wanted a keypad by back door so had to swap for a 9751. 1st panel I had was a CRX-4, 2 zone + EE keyswitch job. Absolute rubbish! fitted it 1988 and changed it for a Rev-Tek RB6, which is still in and working!

Archived