Security Installer Community

Dialler Connected To Mobile Phone

Guest stoker

Hi all, i'm a spark by trade andi'm fairly new to the site but i've been asked to connect an autodialler to an alarm system thats on a boat. I've been told that its possible to connect an autodialler to a mobile phone, could anyone point us in the right direction as regards this ie brands of dialler, connections any adaptions needed etc. It may also need a new panel due to the code being mis-laid, anyone know of the best type of panel to use that makes best use of battery power? Any advice gratefully recieved!! Thanx

Hi All,

that remote factory turned out to be holding exsplosives :cold2: . and we suggested radio linked detection. i have not used any gsm only diallers, and the boat owner would need to check signal on a particular network in the mooring.

one suggestion comes to mind though, it's a completely different product to a true alarm dialler as it's a bit of kit used on remote un-manned gate posts. you fit a sim card into it and when the call push is pressed it dials a sequence of pre-programmed phone numbers as entered into the Pay As U Go sim card by any mobile network.

any alarm fitted could use this as a 'dry contact' interface, and no message needed as the number will only be from the boat. having a remote option to open a gate via a relay output, and of course you have a speech path, so this could be used voice verify and to sound sirens whatever, and i think curent drain is also very small.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi all, i'm a spark by trade andi'm fairly new to the site but i've been asked to connect an autodialler to an alarm system thats on a boat. I've been told that its possible to connect an autodialler to a mobile phone, could anyone point us in the right direction as regards this ie brands of dialler, connections any adaptions needed etc. It may also need a new panel due to the code being mis-laid, anyone know of the best type of panel to use that makes best use of battery power? Any advice gratefully recieved!! Thanx

Your customer's name is not Bob by any chance is it?

cheers

Dave

Your customer's name is not Bob by any chance is it?

cheers

Dave

Nah , chaps name aint bob, I'm a Phelps though! But no, theres no mains available at the boat. Time between charges as long as poss really, owner suggested using a 60ah car battery said i'd get back to him on that one.

Nah , chaps name aint bob

Just wondered.

Well if you get this thing working, e-mail me as I have got a guy in Tewkesbury who wants the same thing. I don't want to do it as I will have to support it from Weston-super-Mare.

cheers

Dave

Just had a look on the castle web site, that wanderer panel looks like a pretty top spec panel, is there anything it wont do!? But also noticed that its currently not in production which i thought was strange, (surely should remove its listing then).But like you said Jameswilson looks like it would be big bucks anyway.

Archived