Security Installer Community

Ouside IR Colour Camera

Guest bnicholson

Guest bnicholson

Hey there, im lookin for a colour day/ IR night camera to protect my car in the driveway as it has been vandalised a number of times. I would prefer to use my PC which has a very high spec. Ive read about Geovision software, is that any good?

Anyway back to the point, ive found a camera that i think meets my requirements but not sure, could do with some advice. Is this camera any good?

http://www.cctv-centre.co.uk/cctv/527l.htm

my car is about 4 or 5 metres away from the ideal camera location (top corner of the house) and is poorly lit at night

Hope u pros can help cheers

Very similar looking to the camera i use to watch my car and van at night, and altogether not a bad camera for the price.

The only draw back being that the illumination is rather focussed, the centre of the screen being good if not a little too bright and fades rapidly outwards. Saying that im not dissapointed with my camera, and have since fitted alternate lighting.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Here`s mine.

Color Day Night Indoor/Outdoor Camera

These Cameras Provide Sony True CCD Color Quality By Day and Automatically Switch To B/W With Infrared Assist By Night.  No Operator Intervention Required.  It Is Like Getting Two Cameras For The Price Of One.  Enjoy The Piece Of Mind Of Solid 24 Hour Video Surveillance Regardless Of Lighting.

Provides A Useable Image Up To 30 Feet In Total Darkness. Sony SuperHad (Hole Accumulation Diode) Technology Provides Our Industries Best Color Image.  Ships Standard With 3.6mm  Wide Angle Lens.

post-23-1075246609_thumb.jpg

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived