Security Installer Community

Sub-contracting Information Again!

gupster

Dave a quick question. As im just a sole trader and starting out most things i pay for are cash sales etc So im adding these to my expensises section in quickbooks at the bottom it shows -

Dave a quick question. As im just a sole trader and starting out most things i pay for are cash sales etc So im adding these to my expensises section in quickbooks at the bottom it shows -

Adam,

What are you like! :fear:

Stay away from Lloyds TSB. We are with them and they are rubbish. We don't have a Business Bank Manager at our Branch, they travel around 3-4 branches. The account doesn't run in real time, eg: If a customer CHAP's me a payment it won't show on my account to the following day. I understand they are sorting this out by the end of the year.

Anybody else got views on which banks to use?

If time becomes an issue, when I first started I opened a Abbey National Business account through the post. The problem with the Abbey Nat account is you are not allowed to use the branches. All deposits are done electronically or by ATM. In return you get free banking while your account is in credit. Again no business bank manager to talk to in branch but one on the end of the phone. Good starting block though, but check with the Banks Website that all what I said is still current, it's been three years now.

cheers

Dave

Interesting comments. I also started with Lloyds TSB about 2 years ago and they didn't really give much - a remote "business advisor" in a call centre who tried to sell me things. And "free banking" for only 18 months.

But checking it out all the other big banks are the same if you're a small business. When I first opened an account my first port of call was Barclays and they were even just plain disorganised - maybe that was just the branch I went to?

So, I've moved to Abbey too, "free for ever". It works for me, sending cheques in by post and using online banking, but then I'm in the computer business and work online a lot.

Adam,

What are you like! :fear:

Stay away from Lloyds TSB. We are with them and they are rubbish. We don't have a Business Bank Manager at our Branch, they travel around 3-4 branches. The account doesn't run in real time, eg: If a customer CHAP's me a payment it won't show on my account to the following day. I understand they are sorting this out by the end of the year.

Anybody else got views on which banks to use?

If time becomes an issue, when I first started I opened a Abbey National Business account through the post. The problem with the Abbey Nat account is you are not allowed to use the branches. All deposits are done electronically or by ATM. In return you get free banking while your account is in credit. Again no business bank manager to talk to in branch but one on the end of the phone. Good starting block though, but check with the Banks Website that all what I said is still current, it's been three years now.

cheers

Dave

Interesting comments. I also started with Lloyds TSB about 2 years ago and they didn't really give much - a remote "business advisor" in a call centre who tried to sell me things. And "free banking" for only 18 months.

But checking it out all the other big banks are the same if you're a small business. When I first opened an account my first port of call was Barclays and they were even just plain disorganised - maybe that was just the branch I went to?

So, I've moved to Abbey too, "free for ever". It works for me, sending cheques in by post and using online banking, but then I'm in the computer business and work online a lot.

I saw this free forever offer and am thinking about moving my business account from TSB.

Is the abbey any good?

cheers, The only problem is i all ready bank with lloyds for my personal bank which i have had for years. Because i got made redundant and lost o lot of money which was not paid my statements do not look good at all, loads of missed payments etc So the only bank which will give me an account is lloyds as i all ready bank with them all the others said i need 3 months statements which have good credit in the bank etc. In about 6 months time all my money situation should be all good and well again.

Untill it actuall happens you cant even imagine how much hassle and greif is caused by a company going bankrupt and not paying a few thousand which is owed. :angry::angry:

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got a meeting with an accountant!! :) Just a quick one can i claim anything for food etc when working away from home?? I just thought about it and realised i havent kept any reciptes for it :(

cheers,

Adam

You met an accountant and you are asking me that?

My accountant lets me claim for Breakfast and Evening Meal but not lunch.

cheers

Dave

Archived