Security Installer Community

After First Power Up

Guest easty

Hi

I have got an Accenta G3 Mini Panel with Remote Keypad. I have installed all my PIRs, Bell Box and Remote Key Pad.

I have just wired in my remote key pad for the time being and completed the first power up, which involved connecting the battery, attaching the covers to the panel, entering **** followed by prog ****. I have then switched on the mains supply to the Panel. So far so good. No Tamper light.

Now I need to complete the wiring of my bell box and PIRs to the Panel. Should I have done this before first power up, or does it not matter? Hopefully it won't matter as it states in the instructions to complete first power up and then complete the wiring.

Is it best to disconnect the mains supply and then wire the system, or should I also remove the battery as well and then complete wiring of the panel. And then would I have to run first power up again?

If someone could give me some advice on the best order for this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Safest way would be to remove all power to the system after first power up to avoid blowing anything up!

You've verified the panel is working so when it is repowered with your wiring connected you will know that your wiring is at fault and not the panel, that is pretty much all the first power is for.

the manual states to power the system up then wire in. I wouldl power up and test the panel then power down fully. If you slip with a screwdrivewr or wire things will go bang. Also you dont want mains on in that box while working on it

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived