Security Installer Community

Efficacy Cover \ Insurance!?!

gupster

Guest Alarm Guard

Hi Gupster

Efficacy is not a legal requirement, but it is mandatory for all approved intruder alarm installers and is part of an alarm companies normal PL insurance.

The only suppliers of this cover that I know of are BIB and SSIS. Maybe Stafford Knight as well.. Typical price for a small Co. with no recent claims is just over

Guest rjbsec
Hi Gupster

Efficacy is not a legal requirement, but it is mandatory for all approved intruder alarm installers and is part of an alarm companies normal PL insurance.

The only suppliers of this cover that I know of are BIB and SSIS. Maybe Stafford Knight as well.. Typical price for a small Co. with no recent claims is just over

Guest Alarm Guard

Roger

You could be right... (God knows, you usually are... :P ) but I was under the impression that efficacy didn't cover mistakes in system design, but only failure of the equipment to operate??? :hmm:

Guest rjbsec
Roger

You could be right... (God knows, you usually are... :P ) but I was under the impression that efficacy didn't cover mistakes in system design, but only failure of the equipment to operate??? :hmm:

Paul you could be right... (God knows how that hurts :P ) efficacy probably is failure to perform hence the possibility of insurer/customer claiming against installer and installer claiming against manufacturer.

Now I'm trying to remember what failure in design, advice etc cover is called :cry:

Guest rjbsec

Now I'm trying to remember what failure in design, advice etc cover is called :cry:

Professional Indemnity?

Just checked - "Professional Advice" on my policy.

Thats what i was told that it was for a device or component failure leading to loss (panel didnt work the way the manufactures said it would).

Now the thing is the reason the insurance guys never pay out is because this would fall under the manufactures insurance!?!

Is there a brown paper bag situation going on here with the insurers and the intruder approval companies??

this is just one thing that seems like a massive joke, and another reason that we will all have to put prices up again and not make any more?

cheers,

p.s I love a good rant now and again! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived