Security Installer Community

Big Job, anyone interested...?

Hello,

I am looking for a control system for 2 pan/tilt/zoom variable speed indoor cameras.

I am a medical doctor and researcher working in the UK.  I am currently working in the field of infant psychology.  I wish to film a standard interaction between a 1 year old child and 2 adults in a test called "the strange situation test".  I need to do this for up to four hundred  x 20 minute interactions.  Currently you need a lab with a 2 way mirror and ideally 2 cameras to get the child's reactions all the time.  This needs 2 camera men.

I envisage a setup without the use of 2 way mirror or camera men.  Instead there would be:-

- a normal room,

- a location and orientation detection system such as Sonitor/ Cricket (or other) used to constantly monitor the position of a transmitter worn by the child.  This would give a continuous stream of position data in real time.  An alternative would be for the cameras to track the image of the child with intelligent software.

- interface with the control system for 2 x "pan tilt zoom" cameras, with controllable pan speed, to capture the entire interaction, by continuous tracking of the child's movements.

- a multi channel video recorder system - analogue or digital, with editing software to produce a final single channel recorded output.

If this was feasible then I envisage the potential market to be huge for home videoing, conferences, even TV shows and such like - people could make their own movies/ presentations without need of camera men.

Can this be done?  Could you supply me/ develop this to enable my and other people's research to be done far more efficiently? 

The final research results will be published with quotes of all supporting agencies/ suppliers.

As this is part of a piece of health related research would you be in a position to sponsor such a piece of work?

If you are not in a position to provide this control system then can you recommend others who can?

So anyone who can help, leace contact details here and ill send you their company details and address.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived