Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Alarm

Guest Anne

I have a Veritas 8 Alarm. The electricity supply was cut yesterday evening, I was at home the alarm was not armed. My husband came home soon after the cut, he entered the front door the alarm started to go off and we could not stop it, we tried our code and the reset code but it would not stop, once the power was restored (2 hours later) it stopped we then entered the reset code and it cleared the tamper button. I now works perfectly.

Can someone let me know why the alarm sounded when it was not armed and why we could not turn it off.

We have had power cuts before, this has never happened.

Anne

In the booklet regarding Veritas 8Plus alarm it says it has a "Rechareable Battery" if this is the case should it not recharge, why does it need to be changed, can anyone let me know how this works please.

Anne

Guest Guest_Mike

Veritas 8plus

On the battery subject, can anyone shed some light on the following?

• Alarm is activated whilst away from the house, and will not shut down unless the reset is pressed, no zones showed as being tripped.
  • The chime no longer works on the front door sensor, and the bell box light does not flash indicating the alarm is set, after setting it.
  • The noise it is making on re-entry is different from previously.

Does this also suggest a flat battery? If so, can anyone recommend a decent engineer in the Nuneaton area.

Also, does anyone have the part number for the battery?

cheers

Mike

As above .. 12v 3.0 Ah lead-acid rechargeable or 12volt 2.1 Ah.Sounds like you have lost some of your eng.programmed options .Get a reputable company to .service and re-program.BTW In what way is the noise different for the entry timer ?.

Archived