Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 Problems

Guest Bod

Hopefully someone can give us some help with a problem we've got with our Accenta 8 alarm.

We set it at night, and in the morning when I put the 1st digit in to turn if off, the alarm immediately went off (inside and out). It wouldn't recognise our code at all. After 20 mins, it eventually went off, but as soon as we opened a door in the house it went off again (presumably because after 20 mins it just reset, and therefore was still "set", but it wouldn't turn off when I put in the code).

Turned off the mains (and the alarm remained on, presumably due to the battery) but finally the alarm turned off inside the house when I also pulled the battery leads. The outside alarm still went on for another 10-15 mins even with the alarm mains and battery disconnected.

One of the neighbours mentioned problems with the batteries could cause the alarm to go off, so I bought a new battery for it. As soon as I connect this though, the alarm goes off (inside and out), and our code won't clear it. The pad is backlit when I connect the battery, but there are no fault codes / tamper light etc lit up down the left-hand side.

Given that the alarm goes off (very loudly!) as soon as I connect the battery, I'm at a bit of a loss to know what to do to be honest. The installer has apparantly long since gone out of business, so is my best bet to get someone else out to look at it, or am I missing a trick to reset the system?

Any advice gratefully received! Thanks. (ps. system is about 8yrs old, we've owned the house 5yrs and had no problems with it so far....)

May need defaulting (engineer required) or it may have suffered a death if you have had a lightning storm in your area lately??

or it may have suffered a death if you have had a lightning storm in your area lately??

We did, but that was a few days before it went wrong, worked fine for a few days after the lightning, I presume it would die straight away if that was the case?

Thanks.

From several years experience, I can tell you that these panels do get effected by thunderstorms, and once effected they often become increasingly unstable. I would advise you to ditch the panel and have a better one installed.

Thanks for the reply. When you say "ditch the panel" do you mean the whole system? (sorry, not up on the lingo at all, and just trying to assess the potential cost :( ). Ta.

We did, but that was a few days before it went wrong, worked fine for a few days after the lightning, I presume it would die straight away if that was the case?

Thanks.

Seen it many times sorry - sounds like a fried panel - a full system default can sometimes fix the prob, but im affraid it sounds like its been damaged by the storm possibly.

Thanks for the replies folks, sounds like I definitely need an expert opinion then. Do you have any recommendations for anyone round my way? (Coventry, though I guess anyone in the Midlands would be OK). Ta.

Archived