Security Installer Community

Could My False Alarms Be A Moth?

Guest AirCooledHeaven

i have one a pir triggering for no apparent reason, in a lounge of a customers house, nothing distrubed, checked wiring perfect, changed pcb in detector still f/a linked out alarm zone connections on panel no false alarms, bearing mind room is ambient temperature and no-one lives there at moment due to old lady dieing

panel is texe r8 with texe detectors any ideas anyone??

p.s detector faces away from window into room

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Guest anguscanplay
i have one a pir triggering for no apparent reason, in a lounge of a customers house, nothing distrubed, checked wiring perfect, changed pcb in detector still f/a linked out alarm zone connections on panel no false alarms, bearing mind room is ambient temperature and no-one lives there at moment due to old lady dieing

this time of year ? - mouse

voltage,vermin, rf, environmental, controls failing, better pir needed ect......

you changed the pcb but did you look for any large spiders behind the casing?

if you want to prove environmental or system problem then obscure the pir with a thick cardboard box and wait a week, no alarms problem is likely enviorement, obviously inform your client and get it signed for before doing this.

as this is the 2nd pcb have you tested the battery properly also the panel voltage on a prolonged mains power down at the aux terminals? is there any sign in the log or a power cut (mains powered clocks on cookers and the like can be a clue) have a real close look at the aux power connections in the panel/psu,

make sure all the aux cables are tight and held properly in the connector - oh! and just shoot any cats you see, and if they twitch shoot them again :) .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived