Security Installer Community

C & K Securitech 700l + Think Veritas Box :- Lost Code Question

jonnywells

I moved into a house 2 years ago and after a drunk house party v.stupidly i decided to change my alarm code. God knows what i changed it to tryed code i normally use and not that.

So at last i have decided to get somthing done about it, I have been told by a Engineer that the little panel is a C & K Securitech 700L and that the attual alarm box thing thats hide in my bedroom is a Veritas box (its just a plain metal square. nothing on it at all)

Now the Engineer says that to reset the Veritas box and defualt the system he has to "short circit" it and that with Veritas boxes there only 50/50 change if the board will live after :cry:

Does this sound right?

P.s i live in leicester region, company want

Get an engineer who knows what he is doing , as he doesnt.

yours is a C+K 700 , not a veritas , and it is possible to default the codes only without crashing the whole system.

Yer thats defo the system i have got! You say any normal engineer should be able to default code easily

Guest RICHL
I moved into a house 2 years ago and after a drunk house party v.stupidly i decided to change my alarm code.

LMAO! 1055.gif

As above, its not a veritas (you cant put a 700L keypad on a veritas panel either) so either the bloke is a plonker or you where hung over when he tried to explain!

75 is not too steep for a decent eng BTW.

Archived