Security Installer Community

So Called Commisioning Engineer !!

Guest Bodle - Tech

i se some are enjoying this thread so here's anotherone

working on installing a video door entry system and pulling cables on my own i hung the legnths out of the top floor window which reached the ground simply using gravity to keep them straight while i fed them down a riser.

on seeing the dangling cables, the lady architect sent the forman, who sent the deputy foremen, who sent the carpenter, who sent the plumber, who then sent the sparks (i assume as an allied trade) to ask 'was i intending to run these cables down the outside of this building (listed), if so in tube or trunking?'. now i had serious trouble keeping a straight face at the 'chain of command' so i said i was using blue coloured cable tray (white building) stating some made up regs to embelish it.

took them days to unraval that one letters flying everywhere, and of course the cables were concealed internally by the time they had sorted it :rolleyes:

stupid questions provokes stupid answers, especially with me.

same site, now working on ground and basememt i pull the slack cable out to measure them in the light wells and along the street and and tape them together. a resident asked what i'm doing, i reply 'installing washing lines', - 'washing lines?' - 'yes washing lines as they are very cheap and of course envioremtally freindly, as they save energy and the space needed for a tumble dryer.

'this is a new building guidline in compressed housing to stop over heating in the dwellings caused by several people using the dryers at the same time!' totally straight faced. that caused another major shinnanigins

what some people will beleive :rolleyes: i'm as mad as a march hair and not adverse to saying the first thing that comes to mind :P

priceless

regs

alan

Same sort of answers i give, as you say ask a daft question get a daft answer.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I like the washing lines one, my missus looked at me weird when asking what i lol for, you would have to come from the trade to appreciate i suppose

too true,

i'm 'daft' enough in here let alone in real life - ah! the joys of working for one'self but i miss the engineers cafe.

my dads ethos was 'if you make someone smile you remember it the best, if you make someone cry they remember it the worst'.

i wonder if he is in a forum up in heaven? or (perhaps like me when my time come's) - hell :cold2:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

You all must have had this one, up a ladder servicing/fitting a SAB, and you hear, oi sonny how much to clean my windows as well?

I have to hold on to stop falling off at that one.

And never never ever say yes when a punter asks you to put up a shelf. Not without building pland cable and pipe detectors, a statement from their lawyer and a good m8 as a plumber!!!!!!!!

cheers

You all must have had this one, up a ladder servicing/fitting a SAB, and you hear, oi sonny how much to clean my windows as well?

I have to hold on to stop falling off at that one.

And never never ever say yes when a punter asks you to put up a shelf. Not without building pland cable and pipe detectors, a statement from their lawyer and a good m8 as a plumber!!!!!!!!

cheers

hee hee,

yeh! and 'that rings a bell' by some witless twit who thinks they the first one :rolleyes:

i got 'hailed' by an old woman who i thought was the client i was on my way to see, so i pulled over, she jumps in the car with me thinking she's scragged a lift to her house, but then says 'Edgeware Station Please'.

now i had ladders on the roof + 2 x steps + tube + trunking and ruddy great signs on the side with the company logo's

i was laughing at the irony as usually i get asked to clean windows, and told her i was not a cab, but the old girl was so sweet and embarrased i gave her the lift - no charge.

just one of those priceless moments that still puts a smile on my face when ever i think about it.

regs

alan

i wonder if he is in a forum up in heaven? or (perhaps like me when my time come's) - hell :cold2:

regs

alan

don't worry about the hell. i'll be there too and gonna build sauna and brewery. it'll be fun!

don't worry about the hell. i'll be there too and gonna build sauna and brewery. it'll be fun!

rock on :P whoevers of us is their first george - reserves the others place on the 'comittee'

regs

alan

Archived