Security Installer Community

Pa 400 Tamper /aux Problem

Guest mikeyv1

Guest mikeyv1

Hi,

Ive got a reponse PA 400,i know its a bit crappy but it was doing ok and well im thinking of replacing it ,but for the last few week the system at random times has been sounding on tamper ,sometimes with ten minutes breaks in between and sometimes in quick succession.Any help would be great. Plus yesterday i got the multimeter out and checked the aux voltage and found to my horror it was 240 volts even though the system is only supplied with 12. Is this a major problem becausde at the moment ive disconneted the system because i didnt think 240 volts should run through normal alarm cable.Thx in advance for any ideas

You did right in disconnecting it but i would double check it and if there is still 240v on your alarm cable :fear: i would invest in a new system.

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

I would agree with Lee on this, 240v anywhere else but read from the mains is a serious issue! If it is the case I'd replace the panel quick smart, im sure there are a good companies out there who could quote you a good price or if you want to fit a new one yourself and need advice on how it goes together your in the right place for both...

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Guest mikeyv1

Hi,thanks for the response ,im in the process of through this forum deciding upon a new system , just wondering if anyone had heard of a tamper problem with the response pa 400.It appears that only the aux terminal (power for pirs etc) has 240vt present

Done any work in your house recently, you may have nailed a cable to a 240 supply, any fuses in the consumer unit tripped ?

Meter the pins and one by one switch off the mains ciruits, checking the pins each time, you might find the source of the problem then.

cheers

Guest mikeyv1

Done a check after i took the power from the alarm and found there was no back feed from the mains on the aux so ive not hit a cable.For some reason my adapter was showing 240 even thoufgh it only meant to give out 12 . Thx for the advice however but ive taken the system apart and along with detectors removed all wiring.

Archived