Security Installer Community

Ip Again

kka

is it possible to send a email directly to a static ip address , if so how?..... thank you

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I personally don't think this is possible, the ONLY way I can think of this being possible is if you had some form of mail server (i.e MS Exchange, Mercury Mail) running on a PC connected to that IP, obviously you need to set up at least 1 mailbox on the server and possibly a few more things depending on the software you've used. so instead of user@btinternet.com it would be user@12.34.56.78 which should in "theory" work as long as there is something there waiting for an e-mail to be recieved.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

I guess you are trying to remotely notify someone of an alarm event?

For a solution you need to tell everyone what you are trying to achieve with some detail, there are some pretty talented people on the site and someone will have a solution.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

I personally don't think this is possible, the ONLY way I can think of this being possible is if you had some form of mail server (i.e MS Exchange, Mercury Mail) running on a PC connected to that IP, obviously you need to set up at least 1 mailbox on the server and possibly a few more things depending on the software you've used. so instead of user@btinternet.com it would be user@12.34.56.78 which should in "theory" work as long as there is something there waiting for an e-mail to be recieved.

You would need a mail server, and your MX records setting up in DNS.

Not for the IT illiterate! :'(

You would need a mail server, and your MX records setting up in DNS.

Not for the IT illiterate! :'(

Oh Yeah forgot about small Factoid - although it can be done easy with sevices from places like dyndns.org, no-ip.com etc..

I personally have a dyndns account need to set up my mercury mail server and give my theory a test.. Actually i think I need to upgrade my version of Xampp that Im running but I attempted to do it before and well erm they'd changed the format of a file and well i just couldn't get me head around it so I left it well alone... :cry:

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

is it possible to send a email directly to a static ip address , if so how?..... thank you

only a guess but is this connected to your previous question regarding ip addresses..?

:question:

regardless that - what are you going to achieve? what is the purpose?

Archived