Security Installer Community

Ip Address

kka

how do i find out the ip address of my computer. thanks....running windows xp.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig

thanks for that lurch. you are a gem

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

An alternative, without needing to do anything in command prompt or download any software:

Control Panel / Network Connections / Right click the connection / Status / Support

--

psumner@dmicros.com

Manufacturer

thanks for that lurch. you are a gem

But remember, unless you're using static IP (and from your lack of knowledge you're almost certainly not) the IP address can and probably will change over time, depending on what sort of network you're on. Your IP address is probably assigned by a router or similar using DHCP.

Easy option if you are online is to type into Google 'My IP' and click on any of the links that appear. Here's second down the list and clicking it will show your IP. http://www.whatsmyip.org/

This is of course, the IP your ISP issues. Things get complicated if you need your internal IP if you're on a router. Unless of course you're familiar with routers in the first place. :)

ACE.gif

...Unless of course you're familiar with routers in the first place. :)

hmm - did you read the question.. :huh::hmm:

:roflmao:

would you lend me a car in UK would you... :lol:

:question:

Unless of course you're familiar with routers in the first place. :)

post-2997-1151006095.jpg

yer sometimes use one like this to fit locks......... whats its IP address again :D

post-2997-1151006095.jpg

yer sometimes use one like this to fit locks......... whats its IP address again :D

dunno, but i think IP stands for something like International Personal address - so you just add UK or CS or something under your normal address.. propably it is usefull to add "tellus" as well if using intergalactic mail service..'

Archived