Security Installer Community

Optima Xm Keeps Going Off

Guest Teresa

Guest Teresa

My alarm has suddenley started going off for no reason. I have checked for inscects etc. What could be causing this?

Guest Teresa
quick guess is that it hasn't been serviced for more than 5 years..

:question:

We only moved in last aug so I do not know when it was serviced.Anyone know the cost of servicing and who I should contact?

Is it going off when it is set or unset (or both). What lights show on the display before you put your code in to silence it?

why to bother?

it is old battery and needs change plus all the necessary tests, etc..

i'll not have beer for a week if not..

Guest Teresa

It is going off when it is switched to on. I didn't notice the lights as I was in a rush to switch it off. last night it went off 20 minutes after switching it on. I think I'll get it serviced.

Thanks

teresa

why to bother?

it is old battery and needs change plus all the necessary tests, etc..

i'll not have beer for a week if not..

You wouldn't ask these questions when you ot to site then? I would. This would indicate whether its likely to be a tamper or detection fault. If Teresa is able to answer this question for the engineer on site, it may save him some time. Knowing that he may ask the question, Teresa may be in a better position to answer.

D7

You wouldn't ask these questions when you ot to site then? I would. This would indicate whether its likely to be a tamper or detection fault. If Teresa is able to answer this question for the engineer on site, it may save him some time. Knowing that he may ask the question, Teresa may be in a better position to answer.

D7

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Archived