Security Installer Community

Hull Telephones

Try putting 1470 in front of your mobile number when you ring, it should come up with the number then

i reckon that will do the job, tried 17070 when on site just comes up as invalid

The number you require is an 0845 number I will dig it out when i get the chance. Marky have a look on infome. there are a couple of numbers. with these you can test any line.

what infome?

no redcare available then..?

nope, don't have red public telephone boxes too

Was on a site in hull this week to put a digi on, nobody knows the telephone no. & we need it to set up downloading, I can ring my mobile on it but the line number is set up to withhold automaticaly,

Does anybody know how to test the line on this exchange??

eg. exchange rings you back repeating the line number to you??

cheers Tez

The old testing numbers that I used were scrapped ages ago but to find out the number of the phone line, connect a normal phone onto the line you need to identify, ring Kingston Communications customer services on (01482) 602555, and tell them who you are, who you work for, that you're trying to identify the phoneline number, that the customer doesn't know the number and that you need the number for upload/download capabilities on the intruder alarm connected to this line. The worst case scenario will be that customer services will only deal with the bill payer. If this is the case, put your client on the phone. Kingston are usually OK and I doubt you'll have the latter problem.

Also make a point of asking wether the line has incoming calls barred. Something we always stipulated to customers when we requested a dedicated line for our intruder installs.

ACE.gif

• 3 months later...
Guest fat fred

there is a number you can dail and it will tell you the number of the line but i can not remember it to hand maybe other engineers in hull maybe able to help?

there is a number you can dail and it will tell you the number of the line but i can not remember it to hand maybe other engineers in hull maybe able to help?

On BT lines it's 17070; worth a try....... :ninja:

i've just checked with a friend of mine who worked for Kingston Communications in hull for 19 years and he says there isnt such a number in hull.

There are a few options to yourself though the easiest (is easiest a word? :hmm: ) way is if the number is witheld then just dial 1470 first followed by your mobile number this will release the number to you,other wise and also as mentioned above just call there customer services line and explain how important you are and how you must have the number and i'm sure they will oblige -basically just do what the reply's above have said but i just thought i would recap :whistle:

• 1 month later...
we have a few installs in hull and their on digis, where as the same customers other shops are redcare, always wondered why lol. how come its not bt? i thought bt did all of england atleast?

No i think kingston also run plymouth of portsmouths exchange aswell they definately have 2 towns/cities not sure for how long tho as kingston comms has been rumoured with take over from an american company for a while now good riddence imo.

Archived