Security Installer Community

Mains Interference

steve-r

Guest rjbsec
"Got it" may have been a little premature...

If I install a texe premier 48 and want to add this wireless zone. Can I add equipment from any manufacturer?

Yes as long as all of the wireless equipment is from the same manufacturer and the receiver (for in the panel) has a relay/relays to trigger zones on the panel.

For this zone it sounds like I would need:

1 receiver attached to the main control panel

1 PSU in the garage

1 transmitter in the garage

plus whatever sensor I use in the garage.

Yes

Do the sensors connect direct to the transmitter in the garage or is another controller needed?

The sensor(s) in the garage are connected to the psu for power and the transmitter for sending the signals, nothing else is needed.

This all sounds quite expensive for a single zone.... any other ideas? May yet get the spade out for a new conduit....

You pay in cash or sweat - your choice.

How far to you need to keep the 12v alarm cable away from mains 240v cable to limit the interference via induction etc?

In separate conduit right next to the mains but with shielded cable

or

Non sheilded cable and then ???cm away.

Ideally you want to run them at least 100mm away, 50mm or so would do and then using shielded cable would reduce this distance down further.

If you're digging a new trench across then I don't think you'll have too much trouble with 50-100mm as you're going to end up with a spades width anyway which is about 300mm so just stick the tube on the far side oif the trench away from the mains.

If you can, use shielded cable for the run wherever it is and earth it at the control panel end only.

... no wireless.

excellent choice.. :yes:

sometimes even "professional" installers can't make such clever decision about wireless ****.

sometimes even "professional" installers can't make such clever decision about wireless ****.

I have never ever heard onyone go on so much about wireless as much as you Georg.

The only person who I think can beat you in the 'bang on about ropey wireless alarms' is that mad Belgian bloke Paul and his wireless owl from uk.tech.electronic-security.

I have never ever heard onyone go on so much about wireless as much as you Georg.

within few years there might be reliable wireless kit available but at the moment present wireless gear is useless due to easyness of disabling them with :xxx: .. of course wired systems can be harmed in the same way by cutting the cable but that is easy to trace unlike wireless kit. i bet that even arfur doesn't have a gear to trace wireless "cutting".. :roflmao:

:xxx: due to public forum...

Archived