Security Installer Community

Mains Interference

steve-r

Get a radioplus receiver and some radio pirs/contacts from Texecom.

How far is the garage from the control panel?

Garage is 20m from the control panel.

So one option is radioplus receiver connected straight to the control panel and then radio pirs etc

or wirelink to the garage and then wired to the pirs and contacts in the garage. But how do you do this. I assume a separate control box?

Not sure if you were talking about wired or wireless....

The wired method would either be a cable over to the garage and have a alarm connector to split the pairs to your PIR and contact but i would say no to that :no:

But normally, if your panel is capable, which yours is, you would fit an expander in the garage and wire to the panel. The detectors are wired into this. They usually expand to 8 extra zones. So yes, in your terms, like an extra control panel :whistle:

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Not sure if you were talking about wired or wireless....

The wired method would either be a cable over to the garage and have a alarm connector to split the pairs to your PIR and contact but i would say no to that :no:

But normally, if your panel is capable, which yours is, you would fit an expander in the garage and wire to the panel. The detectors are wired into this. They usually expand to 8 extra zones. So yes, in your terms, like an extra control panel :whistle:

Ranger

I think I misunderstood.

Wired link from house to garage is a pain.

Therefore wireless link is needed but are there 2 options??

1. Standalone PSU in the garage with wired pir/contacts to it with a radio link back to the control panel.

or

2.what you said which is radio pirs etc back to a radio module attached to the control panel in the house.

I understand 2. but norman said:

Stand alone PSU, Dual Tech and door contact back via a wireless radio link.

Is this the same thing?

Guest rjbsec

It's a garage therefore dual-technology sensors will give better false alarm immunity but you won't get a wireless dual-tech, only PIR's - so use a power supply unit to power it (and any other powered detectors you may use) and a wireless transmitter. Signals to go back to a wireless receiver connected to your control panel in the house.

It's a garage therefore dual-technology sensors will give better false alarm immunity but you won't get a wireless dual-tech, only PIR's - so use a power supply unit to power it (and any other powered detectors you may use) and a wireless transmitter. Signals to go back to a wireless receiver connected to your control panel in the house.

got it - thx

got it - thx

As said by others have used scantronic 2 channel transmitter receiver many times with no problems and its against regs due to mixing high and low voltages george ,if can not be wired separate then radio fix is best alternative!

Paul.

"Got it" may have been a little premature...

If I install a texe premier 48 and want to add this wireless zone. Can I add equipment from any manufacturer?

For this zone it sounds like I would need:

1 receiver attached to the main control panel

1 PSU in the garage

1 transmitter in the garage

plus whatever sensor I use in the garage.

Do the sensors connect direct to the transmitter in the garage or is another controller needed?

This all sounds quite expensive for a single zone.... any other ideas? May yet get the spade out for a new conduit....

A spade and some lengths of 20mm tube would be a lot lot cheaper. If it is a possibility then do it.

QFA!!

and then it is wired not fn' wireless sh..

A spade and some lengths of 20mm tube would be a lot lot cheaper. If it is a possibility then do it.

I tend to agree.

Now almost back to the original topic of mains interference. If I do put in a new tube then the obvious place is very near to the existing mains conduit (reasons of entry points into buildings, contrete paths etc).

How far to you need to keep the 12v alarm cable away from mains 240v cable to limit the interference via induction etc?

In separate conduit right next to the mains but with shielded cable

or

Non sheilded cable and then ???cm away.

Archived