Security Installer Community

New Install - Help Required

south_side

hi all, I need your help

I have just installed the above system with 3 pyronix PIR's. The problem is that when the system is set off in testing conditions, the bell doesn't sound. I have tested the tamper loop with a multimeter and that is fine but if I break the loop the tamper light on the keypad lights but no sound from the bell box. If the alarm is set and then set it off, again no sound but Now this is what is what I don't understand, IF the PA is activate the bell works ?????????? Please, I need your help !

I have wired the control panel to the bell box based on ventcroft's instructions and I can give the wiring diagram if necessary.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

hi all, I need your help

I have just installed the above system with 3 pyronix PIR's. The problem is that when the system is set off in testing conditions, the bell doesn't sound. I have tested the tamper loop with a multimeter and that is fine but if I break the loop the tamper light on the keypad lights but no sound from the bell box. If the alarm is set and then set it off, again no sound but Now this is what is what I don't understand, IF the PA is activate the bell works ?????????? Please, I need your help !

I have wired the control panel to the bell box based on ventcroft's instructions and I can give the wiring diagram if necessary.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

It sounds like you have a bell delay or 'Sounder Delay on entry' enabled. I don't know the programming location for that - but have a look in your manual. I am sure some more advice will follow from people more experienced with these panels!

D7

Archived